If you are at a loose end come along!

Friends of Longworth School Fete
Sunday 3rd July
2pm -4pm

At Longworth Primary School field
School Close
Longworth
Oxon

Car boot, teas, grand prize draw, fun and games, displays and stalls for all the family!
Mrs Fiddlesticks

thought you might be interested to know we had a fantastic afternoon yesterday - it was sunny and warm, we had displays from a dance school and the gym club, a newly formed rock band played ( brilliant!! Very Happy ), there were cream teas, BBQ, stalls, etc, etc. We ran out of beer! Rolling Eyes They let me loose behind the PA microphone! Shocked ( I had such fun Very Happy )

Have just heard we made over £1540 profit!!

There is still a buzz and a high round the school this morning! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lozzie

Julie that sounds great! Well done! I did some drumming at a fete like this recently and in my break had a look round - it was wonderful to see so many local producers, making and selling everything from driftwood sculptures to honey to tomato plants. There were even two ladies there spinning on special portable, fold-away spinning wheels that they had designed and had made themselves!

I may steal some of these ideas as my children's school has just announced plans to reinstate their PTA (under a different name) and I will be joining up next term Smile

Thanks for the report!

L x
Mrs Fiddlesticks

I was thinking of starting a thread to brainstorm fete/fundraising ideas as a lot of us are involved with these things and it helps to pass on what worked and what didn't!

Will go off to Chat and do that! Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home