Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
bubble

looking for ceps

another fruitless day,looking for ceps ,but this is where they should be

bulworthy project

Found 2 yesterday. 1 massively over and one slug eaten.

Missed a chance there.

Today we found Chantrelle, Autumn Chantrelle, Hedgehog Fungi, Scarletina and False Saffron Milkcap.

Fungi and Bacon pasta tonight. Very Happy
crofter

Just picked these - mushroom omelettes for tea!

bubble

Just picked these - mushroom omelettes for tea!

where in the country are you?
crofter

I'm in Shetland,
bubble

that now explains why you have field mushrooms;We are in Bedfordshire and there is'nt much here at the mo.
crofter

Normally would expect to see them here about a month ago, but the summer has been so cold and dry this year they are a bit later.
Northern Boy

Missed a chance there.

Today we found Chantrelle, Autumn Chantrelle, Hedgehog Fungi, Scarletina and False Saffron Milkcap.

That's great, I love hedgehogs

What's an 'autumn chanterelle'?
Treacodactyl

Found quite a few chanterelles around, a few old and nibbled hedgehogs but no ceps and not much else sadly. The main problem I think is lack of habitat around here. Lorrainelovesplants

I want to go on a good mushroom foray... a guided one, but where? Truffle

I've been collecting ceps and chanties in Scotland for a few weeks, but back in northern England even the leccinums seem to be hiding... bubble

yes its a late season ,and I don't know if its weather patterns ,millions of slugs or both!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile thingamajig

They pop up around the full moon, as the full moon is late this year,tonight, expect them to make an appearance any day now,fingers crossed! bulworthy project

Missed a chance there.

Autumn chantrelle is me being tired and typing "Autumn Chantrelle" rather than "Winter Chantrelle" for no good reason.
Duane Dibbley

No Ceps here either yet.....plenty of Chanterelles though Very Happy Northern Boy

Missed a chance there.

Autumn chantrelle is me being tired and typing "Autumn Chantrelle" rather than "Winter Chantrelle" for no good reason.

Aha!
sarahp1

BF came back from his 'bike ride' with this haul this morning. Going to have to dry some I think Very Happy [/url][/img] bubble

what are they??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile sarahp1

A mixture of boletus (of the same family as ceps). Some Boletus bicolour, Boletus rubellus, still identifying others.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home