Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Jools

Looking for Marans

We've got a couple that we inherited and are about 2.5-3 years old and we love their eggs, so we've decided that we'd like a couple more.

I know some of you on here breed them, so if you have any pullets in the next few months, give me a shout please. Smile
Chez

Sue's are brilliant - I have done a shady M5 layby hand-over with her in the past. I don't know how much she comes on atm.

http://www.darkbrowneggs.info/
Jools

Yes, I was thinking of Sue, but wasn't sure if she sold pullets or just eggs.

Gotta love those shady deals in motorway service stations! I always wonder what passing motorists make of seeing chickens being swapped over from car boot to car boot. Laughing
Chez

Pookie and Mochyn swapped a dead, unplucked goose in a car park in Welshpool once Laughing
Jools

Laughing

And if Mochyn had one of her hats on, that would have made it look even more dubious, I bet! Cool
misty07

I had the old bill question me over a plucked goose last year LOL
Jools

"Is this your goose sir? Did you pluck it yourself?"
Chez

I believe Goose Plucking is still illegal in 23 states of the Union Smile
Jools

And in the other states it's illegal if you're wearing wellies on a Sunday whilst singing to the sun.

Or shagging a sheep.

Or probably something like that!
pookie

I will have pullets in the next few weeks Jools, will be setting some eggs in the next couple of weeks.

What age do you want them? Smile
Jools

At what age can they be guaranteed that they're girls?
joanne

I've been known to meet Nick & Northern Lad for shady handovers as well in the past Laughing

Edited to add: Sues birds are lovely and yes they do produce lovely big dark brown eggs Smile
pookie

I can pretty much tell straight away, the girls are darker than the boys.

But, I have just had a count up and can spare a couple of pullets.....

I do have two that have just started laying if you want them sooner.

I don't know exactly where you are, but if you, or someone, is travelling across Wales? Smile
woodsprite

Ooh Pookie, don't suppose you'd have a couple ready to go at the end of Feb would you? I need to restock and I want dark brown eggs. If after this sale you have a couple spare, I'd love to book them please. X
Jools

We're in Bridgend, so getting to yours should be easy enough. We haven't been out for a nice drive in ages!
pookie

ok, I'll see what I can do, I need to pm you both anyhoo Wink
Chez

Pookie, I'm sorry, I forgot you had them as well Embarassed
pookie

Pookie, I'm sorry, I forgot you had them as well Embarassed

No worrries, I was advertising these for sale a few weeks back and only Nell wanted one. I guess the sap is rising now Very Happy
Chez

I guess the sap is rising now Very Happy

Certainly is, in all way. My young barnebar is really excited to have three wives he doesn't have to share. They are a bit startled Smile
pookie

My Light Sussex boy is going like the clappers! Every time I turn round he's at it, I have had to get a relief pen of 2 others ready so the 1st girls can have a break! Shocked Chez

Can't you give him a few more wives who lay different coloured eggs to spread it out a bit? pookie

These 2 girls are in quarantine at the mo, so they will be ready for action in a couple of weeks Wink Nicky Colour it green

I've two girls from last year's hatch that I am planning on selling - just as soon as i get my act together - also from Sue's eggs - so dark dark brown eggs, and they look like they are about to come into lay.

Course, I'm down here in Devon Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Array Home Home Home Home