Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
earthyvirgo

Looking for supplier of C6 white envelopes, 120gsm ...

Planning new greetings cards within the next few weeks, so looking for best value, good quality white envelopes.
I've found Ideal Envelopes, 250 for 8.44 (+p&p) but wondered if anyone knew of anywhere else I might get a better price.

I need 120gsm, not 100gsm because the latter are pretty much see-through and look cheap.
I've found an excellent source of celo wrappers on ebay, cheap but good quality but all the envelopes I've seen are lightweight.

ETA ...just found 1,000 for 14.00, that'll be hard to beat I would think ....

EV
frewen

Can I ask who your e-bay seller is? Cello wrappers I may need in the not too distant Smile
earthyvirgo

Can I ask who your e-bay seller is? Cello wrappers I may need in the not too distant Smile

Yup, the company is:

Fulcrum Films Ltd
Ray Clarke
Unit 9, Lower Level, Warwick Mill
Warwick Bridge
Carlisle, Cumbria CA4 8RR United Kingdom

But on ebay, they appear as;

Bags for Greetings Cards, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Bags-for-Greeting-Cards?_trksid=p4340.l2563

They do all sizes.

When I cocked up my initial payment Embarassed I spoke to a lady called Sue who was incredibly helpful.

EV
frewen

Thank you Cool

I am fermenting a bit of a half baked idea at the moment Smile
earthyvirgo

Thank you Cool

I tend to have various seeds of ideas germinating all over the place Smile

The new cards are a bit of a priority at the moment.
Going to see someone local tomorrow to see if they can come up with a good price AND quality ....

EV
frewen

Totally - and some of them wither, some get pulled up later Wink vegplot

Thank you Cool

Bread?
Mistress Rose

I have been getting envelopes for our greetings cards from Staples in boxes of 250. The quality is good, and I don't think the price is any more than you quoted. I could do with boxes of 1000 really, if there is no carriage involved, but not too happy about using e-bay. Where did you find them?

We have a local company printing our cards and they are very good. They get the sleeves for me too, and can supply envelopes. Try asking your printer, and they may be able to come up with good prices for both.
earthyvirgo

I have been getting envelopes for our greetings cards from Staples in boxes of 250. The quality is good, and I don't think the price is any more than you quoted. I could do with boxes of 1000 really, if there is no carriage involved, but not too happy about using e-bay. Where did you find them?

We have a local company printing our cards and they are very good. They get the sleeves for me too, and can supply envelopes. Try asking your printer, and they may be able to come up with good prices for both.

I used these people in the end.
Box of 1,000 115gsm (a little bit lighter than I wanted but never mind) for 14.00 + VAT, + carriage, +VAT on carriage (it all adds up!).

It worked out at ... hang on a mo 22.80, which I was happy with.

The celo bag people on Ebay are fine, very pleased with what I've bought from them previously.

EV
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Array Home Internet Advertising Online Advertising Home