Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
earthyvirgo

Lovely B&B between hereford and Hay-on-Wye

Following on from Gardening-girl's post about the horse-truck accommodation, we recently stayed at a rather wonderful B&B called Brobury House and Gardens which we'd highly recommend.

http://www.broburyhouse.co.uk/

Hosts were absolutely lovely, breakfast was amazing (proper English breakfast, home made jam etc), room was HUGE and we got free access to 8 acres of beautiful gardens while we were there.

For anyone who has a bit of a thing about gardens/plants, it's a real treat.

EV
Jamanda

I've moved this over to reviews to make it easier to find in the future.
earthyvirgo

I've moved this over to reviews to make it easier to find in the future.

Thanks Jamanda.

I thought it might be somewhere you'd enjoy with your knowledge of plants.

EV
Eigon

This house was used as the home of Mr Armstrong, the solicitor who was hanged for poisoning his wife in the 1920s in Hay-on-Wye, in the film Dandelion Dead. The actual house is up Cusop Dingle, but the owner at the time the film was being made was another solicitor, who worked in Armstrong's office (and sat in Armstrong's chair!). He had written a book in which he put forward the view that Armstrong was innocent, and as the film was taking the view he was guilty, permission to film was not given. I remember watching some of the filming take place, in Broad Street in Hay when they drove a herd of cattle towards the clock tower, and in Cusop churchyard, where Mrs Armstrong was exhumed to check for poison.
LynneA

Not far from my (& Howard's) favourite landmark on the route to Hay. What we refer to as the House of Cats, and run down cottage where the 438 takes a sharp left towards Hay. Usually has a cat or two looking out at you.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home