Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Behemoth

M&S to go carbon neutral

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6261939.stm
tahir

Sounds pretty cool, let's see how they implement and what effect this has on other retailers.
Jonnyboy

Excellent. It's a brave move. I heard the interview on Radio5 this morning. they appreciate it nay be seen as cynical marketing but are adamant that their motives are genuine.

What we as consumers do is continue to shop there, as this move will undoubtably cost them.
Bernie66

Jonnyboy wrote:
Excellent. It's a brave move. I heard the interview on Radio5 this morning. they appreciate it nay be seen as cynical marketing but are adamant that their motives are genuine.

What we as consumers do is continue to shop there, as this move will undoubtably cost them.

Who cares how its seen, if it helps a little and makes others feel obliged to act then does it really matter what the motives were in the first instance?
iris

Well call me naive but it sways me! I'd rather buy from M&S than Debenhams as M&S promote a green message. I know they have some Fairtrade clothing for sale too.

It seems like "being green" is everywhere now. Every property and women's magazine I pick up now is talking about how we can be eco / green. It's really great but I hope it's not just the latest trend.
LynneA

Must admit I've been a fairly steadfast M&S customer - they acknowledge people my size & height exist.

Mind you, the easiest way to start would be by reinstating contracts with British textile factories.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home