Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
sally_in_wales

Martin's Jerked Meat- Kickstarter funding drive

Martin has asked me to post this up for him as he's en- route to a show and won't get near a computer for a few days. He has a new Kickstarter funding drive underway to upgrade some of the equipment needed for the jerky making.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1667553872/dragons-den-refused-will-you

I'm sure he'll be along to answer any questions as soon as he's back from the show Cool
Shane

Might be worth posting a link in the Chat section, too - took me ages to find this post, and I'd assumed it would be on here somewhere.

Well worth checking out the link, if only to watch the video he's put together. While you're there, why not chip in a couple of quid Wink
Rob R

48% after one day - he might have reached the target by the time he gets to a PC!
Nick

I'm out.
Shane

Don't worry Nick - we've always "known"
Nick

Don't worry Nick - we've always "known"

Damn, I tried to hide it!
Pilsbury

Yeah but its where you tried to hide it that gave it away....
12Bore

Shocked Laughing
stumbling goat

I looked at the website and can not see how there is a return on the investment?

sg
Bebo

I looked at the website and can not see how there is a return on the investment?

sg

Down the right hand side.
stumbling goat

Thanks Bebo, I did see that you could get fruit leathers and dried jerky which I am sure are lovley. But I was looking for a less "edible" more "tangible" returns page?

sg
joanne

It just doesn't work like that - It's not a 'pay me 50 & I'll give you back 60' - it's a 'pay me 50 & I'll give you 60 of fruit leathers/jerky' - That's the way Kickstarter tends to work - It's the way Nell raised money for her business which is about to go live & the way Rob & Nat raised money to buy the Jersey bull calves - If you want to do something like that you are better going to somewhere like Zopa stumbling goat

Thanks for clarifying that, I wasn't sure if I had missed something.

sg
Rob R

I was thinking of doing a more tangible one, something like "you give me 60 and I'll give you 50 back". stumbling goat

I was thinking of doing a more tangible one, something like "you give me 60 and I'll give you 50 back".

Smile
Mr O

I was thinking of doing a more tangible one, something like "you give me 60 and I'll give you 50 back".
Great Idea Rob ! How about you give me 100 quid and Sweet Fanny Adams will come back?

I am sure you have met her! lol.
Rob R

Great Idea Rob ! How about you give me 100 quid and Sweet Fanny Adams will come back?

A slight improvement on that - how about we link it to stock - crowdfunder buys the sheep, and then I send them the disposal bill when it drops dead?
Mr O

A slight improvement on that - how about we link it to stock - crowdfunder buys the sheep, and then I send them the disposal bill when it drops dead?

Sounds fair! Laughing
Rob R

Over 96%! wav stumbling goat

LOL, they have got it and 18 to spare at 20.44/

Amazing.

sg
Nell Merionwen

wav 12Bore

hello1 occasion9 wav Hairyloon

it's a 'pay me 50 & I'll give you 60 of fruit leathers/jerky'
Why did nobody say that earlier?
Pilsbury

it's a 'pay me 50 & I'll give you 60 of fruit leathers/jerky'
Why did nobody say that earlier? cos its not that deal.
What joanne was getting at is you lend money and get the reward that is offered for the level of payment you make. No cash repayments, only product or a discount on future purcheses are offered.
You can still invest, they will get all the money pledged and he is already lookimg into what kit he wants to buy with extra funding.
Rob R

It's prompted me to look at our equipment, and what we'd need to improve it all and it turns out I'd be better going on The Apprentice, budget-wise, I can't see Alan Sugar going into farming somehow. MornieG

Missed this before and just looked at his site, think an order is materialising.............looks so scrummy.

Mo.XX
Rob R

Almost 150% of the target raised with still 7 days to go - well done Martin & Suzie! Barefoot Andrew

We haven't contributed yet, but will be doing so Very Happy if we get payment for a recent job in time.
A.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home