Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Penny Outskirts

Mass marketing

Does anyone know anything about, (or know anyone reputable who knows anything about) mass marketing via text and e-mail?

We are moving premises in the next couple of months and want to send something out to all and sundry, without it being treated as spam if that's at all possible?

I've tried looking at google, but the companies who come up look just like the ones who send out lots of dodgy e-mails all the time Sad
Went

Do you have an existing database of email addresses/numbers?
RichardW

Unless your existing customer list has specifically gave you permission to send out mails to them then its spam. Just sending mail out to non previous customers is always spam.
mochyn

I'm sure I've seen something on this site about that: http://www.enterprisenation.com/start/
vegplot

As Richard W says it will be treated as SPAM. Email marketing isn't particularly effective unless it's focused and people want to read what you have to say by subscribing.

Social media and blogging is often more effective. However, if you are going to do it look at Mail Chimp or Campaign Monitor
Penny Outskirts

They are already our customers, and have already either taken part in a transaction with us or started one with us and from what I've read section 22 or something about soft thingy jobby applies?

Also we are giving them facts about our move, not trying to sell them anything specifically.

So it's not classed as SPAM from a legal point of view.

I'll look at Mail Chimp and the other one Vegpolt - thanks.
joanne

Mail Chimp is excellent - we use it at work Smile you can see who exactly has opened it and how many times
vegplot

So it's not classed as SPAM from a legal point of view.

Legalities aside (who ever enforces the law anyway?) it's a question of whether recipients see it as spam. If you suddenly send out a marketing mail shot without some kind of gentle warm up then you run the risk of a larger proportion of existing customers binning your efforts than would be otherwise.
Penny Outskirts

Mail Chimp is excellent - we use it at work Smile you can see who exactly has opened it and how many times

OO it does look like just the thing - thanks all Smile
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home