Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
hardworkinghippy

Meatrix 11 has just been released

www.meatrix2.com.
dpack

yes ..
Penny Outskirts

I noticed on their forum they have a bit that says "Todays Birthdays" - that's a nice touch Very Happy Looks like it just launched today.
monkey1973

I just watched the Matrix yesterday. How very coincidental.
Northern_Lad

I find it highly disturbing that I found a cartoon chicken in PVC sexy. Sad Embarassed
bernie-woman

Northern_Lad wrote:
I find it highly disturbing that I found a cartoon chicken in PVC sexy. Sad Embarassed

I find that somewhat disturbing too - go and have a sit down and a cup of tea it may pass Rolling Eyes Laughing
dpack

at a loss for words Laughing
Jonnyboy

Northern_Lad wrote:

Highly, especially when the milkmaid was so hot. Cool
Cathryn

I don't have any argument with our overconsumption of dairy products and the resulting surplus of unwanted calves or the use of hormones and overuse of antibiotics but are cattle really kept like this? They aren't around here but perhaps these are the small farms that the film refers to.

I wouldn't know where to get milk other than a supermarket - locally it all gets collected in the big tanker driven by a very bad tempered man. (I don't like full fat only skimmed) Cheese - no problem around here.

Question
hardworkinghippy

Ruby,

The problems is that we see very few dairy cows (or goats) outside these days because most of them are kept inside to increase their yields.

I live in France in a department which is roughly the same size as Wales. I don't have figures for dairy cows, but for goats there are only a handful of farms in the whole department where the animals have access to grazing.

Here it's illegal to buy milk straight from the supplier - I imagine it's the same in the UK.

I find it very difficult to get facts and figures (or take photographs Evil or Very Mad ) concerning zero-grazing dairy herds but you'll get a bit of information in here:

http://www.factoryfarming.org.uk/dairy.html

HWH
Cathryn

Thank you - we don't see all that many Freisians in this area but there are quite a few and there are a lot of cattle out - both beef and milk producers. My neighbour keeps Freisians but I suspect he is an enlightened farmer. The next farm along belongs to Rachels Dairy - who's success is based on their organic free range herds. No - you are not - legally- allowed to buy milk straight from the farm.... I don't think that in my area there are large scale factory farms of cattle and I have ridden, walked or driven most of it - but I could be wrong. I just hope not.

The milk thing has been at the back of my mind for years - it is going to be hard to reduce our family's consumption. There are a lot of small scale producers in this area of cheese - cow, goat and sheep usually based on the free range organic argument- so that's not a problem - but here I am nursing my delicious cup of tea.. with it's Morrisons skimmed milk..

Sorry - just rambling thoughts - but i will work on them.
Blue Sky

So what did people think of the new movie? Personally I thought it a bit of a let down after the first one which was excellent. Crying or Very sad

Good work on the part of "free range graphics" however. It is nice of them to be doing this in the first place.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home