Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
earthyvirgo

Mini customer survey - if you've got two minutes?

To complement/supplement my major print undertaking, the Twelve days print series for this Christmas, I'm in the middle of making some hand-printed, waxed Christmassy bunting.

I've got two blocks, one holly, one ivy.

The bunting will come in two lengths - door/window size and chimney breast size. The flags will be waxed ...which makes the non-printed bit translucent, and strung on two-tone (red/green I hope) twine.

My little survey just wants to know whether you think I should be:

1. Keep it simple - only offer Holly and ivy mix (alternate flags across the whole width)
or
2. Three options - Holly/ivy mix, only holly, only ivy.

and finally, I was wondering about doing assembled bunting and 'kits' - or is that a bit too much faff for people at Christmas when they've already got a thousand things to do?

Any feedback appreciated.
EV
Nick

Holly, and Ivy, ready to go.

Will there be berries?
earthyvirgo

The song does not suggest you deck the halls with holly or ivy, nor that you have to assemble it yourself.

Holly, and Ivy, ready to go.

Will there be berries?

Nope, they just drop off and get trodden on and make a squishy mess don't they? (would mean two colour printing which would up the production cost too much)
Just lovely, rich, emerald green foliage.

EV
Nicky Colour it green

holly and ivy mix, though choice is always good.

kits might well be good yes, particularly if it is cheaper.
Green Rosie

Another vote for holly and ivy mix Smile
sean

Yup. Mixed I reckon.
mochyn

Mixed. Keep it simple.
Nick

And sell it by the metre, or 2m, or whatever fits the flag size best.

ETA. I didn't spot the bit about the sizes you want to sell it in. But, how big is a window? Or a chimney breast?
SandraR

I echo above - mix
OtleyLad

Mixed and by the metre.
marigold

Another vote for mixed simplicity Smile
Andrea

Mixed again.

Personally wouldn't buy a kit, and I'd like it in nice long lengths that I could cut to fit my own windows/chimneys.
Chez

Mixed, by the meter, no kits.
earthyvirgo

Mixed again.

Personally wouldn't buy a kit, and I'd like it in nice long lengths that I could cut to fit my own windows/chimneys.

The 'flags' will be attached so that they can slide along the twine, so they will be adjustable if people really want to shift them - and have different spacing along the twine or at the ends.

I'm edging towards the label on the box they'll come in saying something like:

1m - for doorway or small window
2m - for large window or chimney breast

As every element is done by hand, I need to keep it pretty straightforward, otherwise costs are going to sky-rocket Smile

EV
gythagirl

another 'mixed' vote here lettucewoman

mixed....and any word on prices yet?? Wink Wink earthyvirgo

mixed....and any word on prices yet?? Wink Wink

Before the end of the week LW Smile

EV
Spruengli

Mixed and fixed lengths. Mistress Rose

Mixed, and your lengths and label sound about right. If you can do kits cheaply they are worth while; if they are going to be too much trouble for you forget them. earthyvirgo

Mixed, and your lengths and label sound about right. If you can do kits cheaply they are worth while; if they are going to be too much trouble for you forget them.

I think you're right about the kits.

If they were vastly different to the finished item it might be worth it but the only difference would be the flags not being on the twine.

EV
chickenann

I'd say scrap the idea of kits. I like making stuff but am dreadful at it - I think even I would find kit-bunting a bit too "un-creative".

I'd go for one of each. There's one print I really do like, and one print I like but wouldn't really choose (I don't feel more strongly than that against it, so please don't be offended!).
sowitgrows

Option 1 the best, holly and ivy. I think they look great and being Pagan so celebrate Yule rather than Christmas they are fantastic, being devoid of all the Christmas "tackiness". Good one and will get some when ready.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home