Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
alison

monitoring solar pv on pc

What equipment would I need to monitor my pv units on the pc?

The equipment/ electic meter room is not near to the house.

We have thick walls.
Colin & Jan

Alison

I use one of these with my array, which gives up to the minute data, which is then downloadable to the PC.

http://www.sma.de/en/products/monitoring-systems/sunny-beam-with-bluetoothr.html

Colin
alison

Thank you.

Is that specific to your system, or will it work with any box.

Also, how do you get the info from the box from the roof, onto this gizmo, before it blue tooths over.
RichardW

What inverter have you got?

As above some do have options for doing this. Failing that you can get monitors you can add to the system, they do tend to be a bit Heath Robinson if you want all the bells & whistles as makers have not yet caught up.
arvo

I've been tempted for ages to bodge up a little weather station to see how much sun and wind is around for a 12 month near us. The pc part is the only bit I've not been sure of.
RichardW

Solar is quite easy to estimate. You can use on line forecasters to in put all your sites details inc any building, trees, hills ect in the way & get a true picture of how much power you will make on average per year.

For the wind, I assume for a turbine you need to mount it in the exact spot & height that you want to site it or the data is not worth much.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home