Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Rob R

More otter action...

...in the LDV
dpack

good work ,otters are ace critters and even though they eat fish and phibs they are great for birds as they wont tolerate mink

if the salmon run is a success they will have a wonderful place to live on the ldnr and surrounding areas
Woo

Awwwww!
sorry, just love them.
wonderful work.
thank you for sharing the article.
Nature'sgrafter

Lovely article otters are great I do stop and watch every time they run up the verge outside my living room window or play in the bay Cool
Hairyloon

Is 'otter action a consequence of global warmin'?
crofter

they are great for birds

I'm not so sure...

http://robbiesnorthernexposures.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/icey-days.html
Rob R

Unfortunately they are a bit rarer in this part of the world, but the combination of the work of the wildlife trusts and English Nature, the Environment Agency and farmers, the water quality has improved greatly and the reserve is flourishing.
Woo

Lovely article otters are great I do stop and watch every time they run up the verge outside my living room window or play in the bay Cool

Now that children, is boasting!!!
Wink
dpack

otters do eat the odd bird but mink eliminate ground nesters very effectively by egg raiding.the mink i found along the trout river i knew very well did for every duck nest 3 yrs running. Mistress Rose

After having passed it for years, we finally went to Winchester City Mill a few weeks ago. The otters go through there on the River Itchen and they have set up cameras under the mill in the mill race. They had problems this winter though as the cameras got under water. Surprisingly the otters seem completely happy passing through a busy city.

Must be lovely to see otters in your garden, but then you probably don't get some wildlife we get Nature's Grafter.
Nature'sgrafter

I know it was boasting couldn't help as I know how lucky I am to live hear, and yes there is some nature from down south I miss. Rob R

I know it was boasting couldn't help as I know how lucky I am to live hear, and yes there is some nature from down south I miss.

Well, I live 30 mins away from a Lidl, so there Wink
Mistress Rose

Is that wildlife? Very Happy
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home