Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
tahir

Mower spares

We have an old Ransomes Rider T22 diesel mower (rotary). The steering column is a 2 piece affair with a universal joint between 2 splined shafts. Unfortunately the splines on the top shaft are knackered and I haven't managed to locate a spare anywhere. Does anyone here know where I might be able to get a shaft made, or better still know where I could get a spare?
vegplot

A local horticultural/agricultural engineering shop maybe able to effect a repair either by welding on a new spline or re-machining the old spline.
tahir

A local horticultural/agricultural engineering shop maybe able to effect a repair either by welding on a new spline or re-machining the old spline.

Yes....from previous experience most don't like telephones, and even if they have websites they don't answer emails. The best way of talking to them is in person and I just don't have the time at the moment.
Nick

http://www.greenstripe.net/

These guys were awesome when I needed help with an obscure part. Get the parts dept on the phone, and you can smell the oil, overalls and black finger nails of someone who knows what you're talking about.
tahir

I shall give em a go, ta.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home