1 tbsp thyme leaves, finely chopped
250g artichoke hearts in oil
150g feta
Zest of a lemon finely grated/chopped
1 egg, beaten
3 sheets filo pastry
sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 200c or so.
Heat a large pan over a fairly high heat. When hot throw in mushrooms and let the heat drive off most of their water. Drop in a bit of the oil from the artichokes and fry for a couple more minutes. Add the thyme and stir it all about then remove to a bowl to cool down.
Chop the artichoke hearts a bit and then mix them with the mushrooms, lemon zest, crumbled feta, black pepper.
Brush a sheet of filo with some of the oil from the artichokes, leaving an edge clear then put a third of the stuffing on it. Roll into a loose sausage, tucking the sides in and using some of the beaten egg to glue it closed. Roll into a spiral and brush the top with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Make two more.
Bake for about 20 to 25 mins.
Shan

Sounds delicious!
sean

It was. Even Boy Wonder who is normally staunchly resistant to the idea of a meatless main course liked them.
Shan

I think I am going to have to make these for my Christmas through to New Year Food Fest. I might just include some toasted pine nuts.
Nick

Ottolenghi?
sean

Sabrina Ghayour
Nick

Ah, yes. I hadn't looked carefully enough. There doesn't appear to be a stupidly difficult to get hold of ingredient there.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Recipes, Preserving, Homebrewing
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home