Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Shan

My Eggs are Cheeping at Me!!! + PHOTO

The anxiety of waiting never goes away no matter how many eggs I hatch!
Cathryn

Yes, same here and when I am out at work and hand over checking on them, I get the occasional anxious phonecalls with updates from the rough tough farmer I live with. Smile

However, I am not going to hatch anything this year.

I think.
Shan

Men.... Laughing

Hmmmm..... I say that every year and every year there is a new batch of hatchlings.... Wink
SandraR

Today the 2 boiler men spent more time reporting back to me on the progress of the eggs hatching than they did repairing the boiler and went home with many photos of chicks on their phones Smile
Shan

Laughing

First hatchling is out... so eggciting (ok that was a bit lame)... but still very exciting and it looks like Boris (our Blue Brahma is the daddy). We also have a Light Sussex cockerel running round but I didn't want to slaughter him until I knew Boris was up to the job.
Shan

Speaking of our Blue Brahma, has anyone ever crosses a BB with an Araucana?
SandraR

Yay !! fingers crossed for a good hatch.
Shan

I have EVERYTHING crossed. Shocked Embarassed
Bodger

I've stopped turning my latest batch of Welsummer eggs this morning and put some warm water into the incubator. With the luck that I've been having this season, while I'm at it, I might as well add some flour and margarine to the mix. Rolling Eyes
Shan

Hugs to you. xx

I have some Welsummer eggs in the incubator, I'll let you know how they get on.

PS I have a 2nd hatchling.... judging from appearance, I would say it is crossed with the Light Sussex.
Shan

4 Cheepers out. 2 have a BB daddy & 2 have a LS daddy.
Shan

So far, 5 of the welsummer eggs have hatched.
Bodger

Eggcelent news! thumbup
Barefoot Andrew

I've stopped turning my latest batch of Welsummer eggs this morning and put some warm water into the incubator. With the luck that I've been having this season, while I'm at it, I might as well add some flour and margarine to the mix. Rolling Eyes

That's duff news Bodger, but your comment did make me chuckle Embarassed
A.
Bodger

The results of the pudding will be known over this weekend. Laughing
Shan

Well,looks like I have hatched 18 out of 20. I'm giving the last 2 eggs another day or 2 but I don't think they will hatch.
Nicky cigreen

that's a good result Smile
Bodger

I'd give my right arm to get a hatch like that Shan. That really is some going. Very Happy
Shan

I was quite surprised but I think the fact that they are all cross breeds might also have had something to do with it.
Shan

SandraR

Very Happy Love chicks. They look nice and alert. A good hatch.
chez

Pretty!

(I bought four orp and five dutch bantam chicks at The Gobbett yesterday Embarassed )
Shan

Tsk tsk....Shame on you Chez... she says whilst ignoring the fact that she just hatched 18 chicks.... Embarassed
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home