Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Stacey

My shawl wot I made

It's from the stash in my yarn basket. Some of it's homespun, some of it recycled from jumpers I didn't like and some of it is odd balls of fuzzy stuff I picked up here and there. I've got to add more fringing today so that it'll be fringed down both sides.

It was incredibly easy to do and might be a good beginners project for the new knitters here who want to try something that's not straight up and down (is that better bugs? Rolling Eyes Very Happy ) It's all garter stitch on a circular needle and it's a simple increase of one stitch at the begining of every row. Go on - have a go Smile
Penny Outskirts

That looks beautiful stacey - how much wool do you reckon it took in total?
Bugs

Re: My shawl wot I made

stacey_guthrie wrote:
It was incredibly easy to do and even the beginners here could do it. It's all garter stitch on a circular needle and it's a simple increase of one stitch at the begining of every row. Go on - have a go Smile

Ooh, ooh, hold me back...no...I won't say it...arrrrgh... Laughing
Stacey

What?! What have a I said now? Confused Very Happy
Stacey

Penny - you've got me there. I haven't really got a clue. I just eyed up the wool and hoped I had enough to finsih rows etc Embarassed
2steps

exceelent, well done
nora

stacey, that looks great, well done.
Lyds

That looks lovely. I have only just learned to knit, what size needles did you use?
Stacey

Thanks everyone Smile

I used a 10mm circular needle from addi Lyds.
Róisín

That's really pretty - well done! I'm knitting something similar but on a way smaller scale at the mo - a headscarf Laughing
Stacey

Thanks roisin Smile I made a headscarf a couple of weeks ago - I think knitted headscarves are fandabidozzee. I'm on a roll now. I went ot a car boot and bought a bin bag full of knitted and crocheted stuff for 70p! I'm unravelling as we speak Very Happy
Róisín

It's getting easier remembering to increase every second row. Although I look like I'm knitting a pair of knickers Embarassed Laughing
Bugs

stacey_guthrie wrote:

Well, there's an obvious response to someone with some handy photos and a project that's ideal for beginners...but I have to be careful, I've already got a bit of a name for myself Laughing
Bernie66

Bugs wrote:
stacey_guthrie wrote:

Well, there's an obvious response to someone with some handy photos and a project that's ideal for beginners...but I have to be careful, I've already got a bit of a name for myself Laughing

Take the hint, its alot more pleasant than being stalked by an aphid destroyer Wink
Stacey

lol - bugs got a name for herself - surely not Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lozzie

Is it coz she "bugs" people? Very Happy Wink
Bugs

Cheers, "pals" Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Wink
mochyn

Stacey: it's lovely! To find out how much yarn you used, try weighing it Laughing If your answer comes out in ounces I'll convert it to metric, if you like. The nice thing about that sort of project, apart form its simplicity, is that it's a real downsizer thing, using up odds and ends, however short (well, almost).
Stacey

Thanks mochyn - I'll stick it on the scales later Smile
Stacey

It's 350 g Smile
mochyn

I found some yarn I'd fogotten about while clearing out a cupboard upstairs this morning: Maybe a new shawl is about to appear! I find them really useful for a bit of extra warmth when reading in bed or whatever.
alison

Mochyn

I use baby blankets that were knitted for my first child, nearly 10 years ago!
mochyn

Gosh, yo baby! I wish my first was only 10 years ago! As he was nearer to 30, I don't have any of his blankets left. I do, however, have various bage of various yarn all over the house...
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Make Your Own/DIY
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home