Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Lorrainelovesplants

new building thoughts

We need to put up a new building to deal with the expansion of the cider making. Storage is an issue as I have a compulsive hoarder, so now need somewhere just for cider making.
So a work area for pulping, pressing and juice collection. A storage area for fermenting cider and later for matured cider. A bottling/labelling area.

We have the land/elec/water, but im unsure the cheapest way to 'get' a building. Sectional wooden building? Another concrete sectional garage?
Weve ruled out a metal container as requiring too much to get it fit for purpose.
onemanband

Concrete garage is cheapest way. If you got transport they can be picked up for free (or 99p ebay). In fact it can be hard to give them away.
IMO second hand sheds sell for too much considering work involved and limited lifespan.
Lorrainelovesplants

my thinking too.
We were 'gifted' a double concrete one previously which is attached to our existing wooden workshop. Its lined and has a woodburner and is great.

Im thinking same again (only a single).

Anyone know if we'd need planning permission? We have 1.2 acres, so I think re permitted development there may be an issue (or not as things have changed?).
onemanband

planning portal
Lorrainelovesplants

Thanks. Looks like were okay then.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home