Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
dpack

new chum with added photo

i have found a very tiny tiggy,about half the 700 gms it should be at this time of year,tis human friendly and eating tripey goodness dog food at the mo in a spare g'pig cage.

half the safe september weight means a new chum til spring as it is far too light to overwinter in the wild ,thing is if i keep it and fatten it up it will be too human centric for a suburban life by next spring(im fairly sure it is human centric now) so im going to have to find it a very rural relocation to give it a fair chance as a wild one.

i half suspect the flat one i saw yesterday was mum Mad

photos later once it has settled in Wink
LynneA

Our Norman loves mealworms
dpack

250 gm so technically it is in the at risk size for the date but it is healthy and scoffing dog food .hopefully we can find it a garden home where it can be fed and get big enough to hibernate or be overwintered with extra grub and a warm bed .
the hounds seem fine with it caged but loose might be different and even with feeding the yard is not a suitable habitat for a tiggy .

any one need a slug controller ?
ps it snores and is a bit smelly Laughing
dpack

we still dont know the gender so tis called evelyn to cover all options

seems vermin free ,hungry and healthy and i recon about 5 to 6 wks old .

if i can put ten gms a day on evelyn's weight i will be less worried about how small it is this late in the year .

tis friendly wee beast though so it will need a safe new home either with or far from people.
earthyvirgo

We saw a tiny one scurrying after its Mum on an evening walk last week.

The little 'un looked a similar size to your tiggy.

EV
OtleyLad

250 gm so technically it is in the at risk size for the date but it is healthy and scoffing dog food .hopefully we can find it a garden home where it can be fed and get big enough to hibernate or be overwintered with extra grub and a warm bed .
the hounds seem fine with it caged but loose might be different and even with feeding the yard is not a suitable habitat for a tiggy .

any one need a slug controller ?
ps it snores and is a bit smelly Laughing

We'd love her/him. We've a big messy garden (lots of weeds/under the hedge room) and back directly onto woods/disused railway/fields plus enough slugs to feed a herd of them.
I've a disused rabbit hutch we used to use for broody hens - probably make a good tiggy home with a bit of straw.
PM me if it sounds like a good home...
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Livestock and Pets
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home