Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Somewhere-by-the-river

new members in Wales

Hi All

We are Angela and Jon and recently moved to Wales with our cat Bran (he's already Welsh!) and chickens. Pheasants due to arrive in the next week, many plans for more birds (we're working on the pig idea) and a blank canvas of a garden waiting to be planted with fruit, veg and herbs galore (though, sadly there's Japanese knotweed to takle too).

Already enjoying the hedge harvest (apple and blackberry cordial doesn't last 5 seconds it's so good) and looking forward to getting to know Downsizers!

Angela and Jon
sgt.colon

Hello and welcome. Smile
Spruengli

Welcome Very Happy
mochyn

Where in Wales are you? And croeso!
Nicky Colour it green

welcome Smile
sally_in_wales

Hello! Wondered how long it would take you to sign up. Some of you have met Jon and Angela, Jon is my longsuffering brother Cool
mochyn

Ah! The pig people! Smile
bibbster

Welcome from Aberaeron area! Laughing
arvo

Ooh hiya!

Recovered from meeting us all then?
sean

Welcome aboard. Very Happy
Went

Hello and welcome from Asturias... Very Happy
Somewhere-by-the-river

pigs...rivers... and we get there in the end!

Hello All!

...Yes, the 'pig people' (Jon's very nearly persuaded ) Smile - 'somewhere by the river' being the Towy, not far from Llandeilo.

...Yep, not only survived meeting some of you but have fond memories of that day and the lovely people we met thanks to Sally (you knew we'd get there in the end).

Our downsize is sort of an upsize in terms of house etc., though we ahve sort of been smallholding (on a small scale) for a while now what with the chickens and growing our own veg. Pigs and geese next step perhaps, though I have signed up for a beekeeping course.

All very exciting stuff! Is it just us, or is autumn perhaps the best time of year? Loving the wild harvest - the Towy and the good summer have provided a bumper blackberry harvest - Sally, let us know when you are free, Jon's dying for me to make blackberry pie and we can't eat it all!!

Angela and Jon
Went

Hello! Wondered how long it would take you to sign up. Some of you have met Jon and Angela, Jon is my longsuffering brother Cool

He is such a talented artist - I simply love his painting style. One day...

http://youtu.be/-rDUO6El7es
sally_in_wales

Re: pigs...rivers... and we get there in the end!

Jon's dying for me to make blackberry pie and we can't eat it all!!

Angela and Jon

bet he can if he tries! But yes, soon, promise. Need Jon to do some photos of this prehistoric kit we're making before I send it off. Early October?
Somewhere-by-the-river

Sally ...I don't doubt it, he'd just tell me off for letting him! Wink Early Oct good - he's got his lights etc. here now so no probs re the photos.

Wentworth - I know, I hope for some of his work on my own wall one day!! Smile
Ginkotree

I have neglected the computor side of life with doing small holding and crafty stuff....and getting well...so missed out on looking at welcomes...what a silly thing to do and miss saying hello to you and many others..including Sallys mum.. Embarassed
and I always seem to mess up emails.... Confused
hope to meet up in the new year....Abberglasney... Very Happy

Jack and Nick would still love to share the woods with Jon to see the wild life up there. Very Happy
henchard

Re: pigs...rivers... and we get there in the end!

Hello All!

... 'somewhere by the river' being the Towy, not far from Llandeilo.

Angela and Jon

Very, very close to me then (not necessarily a good thing Rolling Eyes ) I live near Pontargothi between Llandeilo and Carmarthen

Croeso i Gymru
Somewhere-by-the-river

It's great to hear from like-minded people, thank you to everyone who has got in touch. Would be good to think we could meet some of you in person at some point. Very Happy Ginkotree

Downsizer Gatherings have been known to happen on occassions... Very Happy .we have had some wonderful weekend events here over the years..the Farm Family has happily grown over the years.. mochyn

Looks like we need to start thinking about next year's Wink sally_in_wales

Looks like we need to start thinking about next year's Wink

gosh yes, if I don't put it in the diary soon I've had it, some months are already fully booked for next year and I've still got some previous clients dithering about repeat events. Whilst its nice to be busy, seeing you lot would be fab too!
Ginkotree

I am excited already,,,,,,if you have such a busy schedule perhaps it might be a good idea if you say a couple of dates first Sally... sally_in_wales

first weekend in July is free, then I'm solidly booked til last weekend in august. Any use? Nell Merionwen

There is *hopefully* the wedding in June. mochyn

I can't do first weekend in July Sad Ginkotree

Last weekend in August will be wonderful... Very Happy hopefully it will be good for lots of folk.x Rusticwood

Last weekend in August will be wonderful... Very Happy hopefully it will be good for lots of folk.x

sounds good to us Very Happy
sally_in_wales

so, where? Penny's, Alison's, any other options? mochyn

Last weekend in August is good for me (unless someone moves a major battle). Jamanda

Might be a good idea to start a new thread for this. 12Bore

Last weekend in August is good for me (unless someone moves a major battle).
There was a major battle around then - our wedding anniversary is the 25th! Laughing
Ginkotree

Perhaps see if Alison is up for it as she missed out on The Wedding and Gemma and Snowballs Party....I will be here anyway so if folk want a mini meet here on the same weekend if they cant get to Devon ,that would be lovely too.x Nell Merionwen

there is also the wedding (hopefully) at yours the weekend after the 19th June Ginkotree

First date on the calender .... Very Happy
Making Wishes,x
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home