Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Kieran

New to ethical-ish living

Hello all!

For a while now I have been pondering on how to try live a life as
sustainable and ethical as I can comfortably manage. I live in London, have a fairly small garden and have taken the plunge to use it to grow vegetables and herbs oh and nice flowers for bees.

I have really caught the bug and am reading as much as I can (recently made a no knead bread as described inthe articles section) and soon to have a go at making preserves. I have dabbled in making my own wine and beer before.

Please realise I might be an absolute pain in the posterior and may well ask many questions (I bear in mind the search function) and interrogate some of you Razz

Right now I am researching how to make jams - and I have briefed friends and family to keep jars for me.

I look forward to contributing to the forum and talking to you all.

Kieran
gardening-girl

Hello, and welcome from Somerset.
This is a nice place to be,plenty of friendly,helpful people. Very Happy
T.G

Hello from the Peaks Very Happy
Rusticwood

Hello from sunny Devon hello2
Jo S

Hello wave
boisdevie1

Hello from France and welcome. We're a friendly bunch here.
Cathryn

Hello! We ask loads of questions here and sometimes we stick to the topic long enough to get answers. Wink
Kieran

Thank you all so much for your warm welcome, I really appreciate it. Now to get started on kitting out my profile Very Happy

Kieran
gil

Hello and welcome !
There are a few preserves articles in the Articles section, and people also start threads about specific jams etc in the Recipes, Preserving Homebrewing section of the forum.
Penny Outskirts

Hello, welcome to Downsizer Smile
Lorrainelovesplants

Hi...you'll get on fine here...there are loads of pains in the bottom round here Laughing
Chickem

Hi from sunny Devon
hello2
mihto

Hi from the probably wettest place for any Downsizer: West Coast of Norway Confused

Gaawd, we could do with some sun.
gz

Even wetter than us Laughing

Croeso from SouthEast Wales Very Happy
Went

Hello and welcome from Asturias... Smile
darkbrowneggs

Thank you all so much for your warm welcome, I really appreciate it. Now to get started on kitting out my profile Very Happy

Kieran

Hi and welcome from Sue in Worcestershire

I read that as get started on knitting my profile, and thought you would fit right in. After you have been here a while you will get the joke Wink - there are lots of knitters Laughing
12Bore

Hi, and welcome! hello2
AnnaD

Hello there Smile
gz

Kieran

I read that as get started on knitting my profile, and thought you would fit right in. After you have been here a while you will get the joke Wink - there are lots of knitters Laughing

I did that too Embarassed
Kieran

Kieran

I did that too Embarassed

haha I shall keep an eye open for references to knitting, in fact, joking aside I would love to know how to make fair isle sweaters Shocked

I have been lurking on this forum for a week and already have found an absolute goldmine of information and experience.
pookie

hellooo! from a very hot Wales! Very Happy jamanda

hellooo! from a very hot Wales! Very Happy

Have you moved to Australia or something?
pookie

hellooo! from a very hot Wales! Very Happy

Have you moved to Australia or something?

I think maybe I was teleported along with my house and belongings overnight........at 9am this morning the polytunnel was unbearably hot! sunny
Green Rosie

Bonjour from France. Do you like cake? It's a fairly obligatory prerequisite for being a DSer Laughing Nicky cigreen

welcome wave Mrs Mouse

Hi and welcome Smile I'm a bit of a newbie here too. Everyone here is really friendly and i have learnt a huge amount on a range of topics since i joined. I'm also a pain in the bum asking questions but so far no one seems to have complained Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home