Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Mrs Fiddlesticks

recycling plant pots

Have had a big greenhouse clear out today. So many pots though.. I've binned the squashed/torn ones but does anyone take them to be recycled do you know? The remaining excess including 12 seed trays (and we still have quite a stack Rolling Eyes ) I've put in a box on the front wall with a Help Yourself note pinned on.

What do you do with your excess pots?
cab

Excess pots? Theres such a thing?
joanne

Yes Cab - it happens when you don't plant enough stuff to fill 3 allotments when really you've only got space for one - Or is that just me? Embarassed
Mrs Fiddlesticks

collected over the years as I've bought stuff from the garden centre.
cab

I always seem to start out with loads of plant pots in winter, then by the end of spring I'm sowing things in every spare container I can find.

I'd have thought that if you were to put a pile outside an allotment site with "Free Pots" scrawled on some cardboard, they'll be gone in a heartbeat.
oldish chris

cab wrote:
II'd have thought that if you were to put a pile outside an allotment site with "Free Pots" scrawled on some cardboard, they'll be gone in a heartbeat.

I bet they would, the nursery where I work get rid of several hundred small pots a year like that!!
Tavascarow

I wash them out in dilute jeyes & use them again.
Mrs Fiddlesticks

I do that all the time, but there is a limit on how many you can stuff under the staging of the greenhouse, and we'd reached that limit!
wellington womble

cab wrote:
I always seem to start out with loads of plant pots in winter, then by the end of spring I'm sowing things in every spare container I can find.

they multiply when they know you don't want them. Those paper potmakers are very good, although as we don't read bought newspapers, I have to wait for Thursdays come spring, and use the freebie one. This year I have bought larger ones from ClaireUK's talented other half - for potting on, and bigger seeds like beans and courgettes.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home