Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
timberdog

Old English Game

Lost my Old English Game Cock today died on me ...dont know what of he is usually hardy devil??

Sad really as he was my favourate has anyone got any going??
mochyn

How sad, Tinberdog. One of my old girls died just after Christmas: it's sad not to see her cheerful waddle around the run. I wish I knew of a bird for you, but I don't. So sorry.
timberdog

Yep it is a bit..

This was him Strong solid Chap

[/img]
fenwoman

Was he large fowl or bantam?
BTW did you know that feeders and dribnkers come up clean if you put them in the dishwasher?
Sorry to see he was dubbed or I might have offered you one of my spare cockerels.
sally_in_wales

Looked like a feisty chap. We used to have one a bit like that at the medieval village, for several years all the chicks- from various assorted hens- looked just like little velociraptors, all scruffy little hellions as they tore round in packs.
Never understood why some breeders remove their wattles though, seems a bit daft now that fighting them has thankfully just about disappeared.
fenwoman

I am hoping that once the new animal welfare bill goes through dubbing will for once and for all become illegal as it is a 'mutilation'. I never let my cockerels go to homes where they will be dubbed as it is painful and senseless and unecessary.
timberdog

game

He was Banatam..

So if you hear of any let me know
Stacey

lol fenwoman - you missed the tact and diplomacy module then Very Happy
fenwoman

not sure I understand what you mean stacey.
timberdog

Na far comment..he is entleld to his freedom of speach..However the reason for the Drinker being the way it looked was due to my Gander just flipping out after putting new water in their Bath!!

Goose gets exited if you have ever seen one get exited they start to Flap in the Water thn run round with the Runners Ducks till one of them give up and stop thust Ganger splays the Wings..."Which is like watching a Jumbo Jet moving round the Floor!!!""".
Then the ritual goes this way he treats the Drinker like a Football and trys to Kill it!!..Weired but true then the Drinkers all look like that Till you wash Twice a Day ..

Tim
gingerwelly

fenwoman wrote:
I am hoping that once the new animal welfare bill goes through dubbing will for once and for all become illegal as it is a 'mutilation'. I never let my cockerels go to homes where they will be dubbed as it is painful and senseless and unecessary.

sorry but what does "dubbing" mean ? is it to do with stopping the bird making a noise ? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed (sorry i have never heard that term before, in relation to chickens)
fenwoman

Quote:
sorry but what does "dubbing" mean ? is it to do with stopping the bird making a noise ? (sorry i have never heard that term before, in relation to chickens)

Take one cockerel in one hand alive and fully concious. With a sharp pair of scissors, cut off his comb and wattles, then plunge him head first into a bucket of icy water to stop him bleeding to death, While he is still shocked by this inhumane treatment, chuck him back in the pen to recover.
There is no way of stopping a bnird making a noise which ios legal in this country and hopefully soon dubbing will be outlawed too.
fenwoman

I keep geese and chickens too timberdog. I must have different drinkers though as mine never look like that one Confused
hils

Aw cumon!
I'm sure that Tdog didn't dub his cockeral and got him already done possibly unaware of what had happened to him. My chucks can get their drinker like that squabbling over a blade of grass.
Peace and love. duckie
timberdog

BIRD

Look matey dont know who you are or what you are !!

I bought this bird as he was and im not up for that mayby you are seeing how you know so much???

Do you think i would post a picture you pratt
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Poultry
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home