Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Bugs

Online spellchecker

Is there anything special about this, that would help people, I know several members have said they would love a spell checker on the forums and this one appears to claim it can help.

http://www.jacuba.com/
jema

Please everyone let me do a web search for any spyware issues first.
jema

Seems legit enough, but is somewhat less than bug free in Firefox1.5 , it does not present options, often marks all of a post as wrong, and has floods of Javascript errors.

given that this is a free service communicating to a server, even if there are not spyware issues, it would be pretty danger to make this a site install. If it gets wildly popular who is funding the server and what speed implications will there be? even if there are none I'd want it to be a whole lot less buggy first.

meanwhile I will be using it personally. It is very handy. Just looking at this post where I have selected it, it has highlighed errors, but when I ahve corrected them, they remain.
Bugs

Is it something that individuals who want to, could install in their browsers then? Must admit I don't fancy it much, and it's not a whole lot of trouble to paste a more complicated post in to openoffice (or Word..) and check there. But it might save people a bit of time. Be interesting to see how you get on first, perhaps.
jema

Bugs wrote:
Is it something that individuals who want to, could install in their browsers then? Must admit I don't fancy it much, and it's not a whole lot of trouble to paste a more complicated post in to openoffice (or Word..) and check there. But it might save people a bit of time. Be interesting to see how you get on first, perhaps.

I use the labourious copy and paste method as well Crying or Very sad

This method does not really install anything, so it is VERY safe. So i'd recommend it.
Penny Outskirts

I quite like the spelling errors Confused Pobody's Nerfect Very Happy
RoryD

I gaurantee I'd use it
Bugs

Laughing
RoryD

Laughing
tawny owl

I half a spelling chequer
It lives on my pea sea ...
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters