Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Behemoth

Oops! Henbane? Fat Hen?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7540648.stm
chez

Just saw this in the Gruniad. Made me laugh, in an ooops, he was lucky there kind of way!
cab

Staggering stupidity.
Jonnyboy

He was very contrite in the recent interviews. One that the editors/researchers should have checked?
Azura Skye

what does he mean by 'genuine mistake' ?
better than them fake mistakes!
Slim

Azura Skye wrote:

of course it's better, that would have meant that he meant to do it... Twisted Evil
Tavascarow

Failing TV celebrity chef tries to gain audience by talking about a subject he so obviously knows nothing about.
Or perhaps a renegade hippy trying to promote wild hallucinogens?
Wont be trying the wild mushroom risotto if I ever eat at his restaurant.
Laughing
Penny Outskirts

Aw, give the man a break, they both have hen in them Laughing
cab

Azura Skye wrote:

He means that he's done as he always done and leaped on the newest 'in thing' for celebrity chefs, and he's done so with insufficient knowledge and therefore made a complete and utter tit out of himself.
Slim

If you Brits would just call it Lamb's Quarter like we do, then you wouldn't have this deadly confusion. Plus I think it sounds more appetizing.
frewen

Yes - lets confuse animal and vegetable Laughing
Jonnyboy

No publicity is bad publicity, he was interviewed on R5 live and managed to turn the conversation round to ground elder and chickweed, so this might have the effect of helping to publicise the benefits of wild food a bit more.

There is such a thing as a genuine mistake, not that people like to believe in such a simple explanation anymore.
bingo

Turd.
cab

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/worrall-thompson-foiled--200808051149/
Jonnyboy

Funny, but contains lots of swearing, be advised.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home