Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
SarahB

Organic essential oils.

I'm trialling a range of essential oils. I've gone for only organic and fairly traded oils and when they arrived the other day, the smell that wafted in with the post was gorgeous!

Of course I had to sample some and the difference after using reasonable quality but not organic - Incredible!
mochyn

Are all the oils on your site organic & FT, Sarah?
SarahB

Oh yes. If I ever do get something that isn't I'll say so - some oils are almost impossible to source organically but they're still lovely.

On my place the default is organic for oils.
Maxwell Smart

What are you considering as organic? In my experience when using small harvesters/farmers from around the world it is not always possible to label them organic even if technically they are. Also its generally only the more mainstream oils that are certified organic.
SarahB

At the moment I am taking the word of my supplier and the certification they use.

I know many non-organic products are in fact pretty organic but the farmer (producer) doesn't have or can't afford the certification. As a business owner I try to make sure that my products do the least harm to the environment possible - organic and fairly traded where the certification exists and researched where possible. The label *organic* can mean so many things.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home