Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Wood child

Organic food

Who thinks that the government should actively support and endorse organic, non-GM foods?
Brownbear

Don't know: I'm sure Linda McCartney would have done.

I'd prefer it if the government climbed into a big sack and had someone throw it off a cliff.
Greenfoot

I know which one I rather have.
Brownbear

Greenfoot wrote:
I know which one I rather have.

Government, do you mean, or type of food?

I'd prefer (almost) no government, and organic food, myself.
Wood child

Do I sense a little anarchism?
Rob R

I think they should at least have some sort of control over imported GM foods. Rolling Eyes I don't buy the idea that we need to grow them in this country for 'experiemental' purposes- we have the USA to do that for us and show us what a bad idea it is.
matt_hooks

Rob R wrote:
I think they should at least have some sort of control over imported GM foods. Rolling Eyes I don't buy the idea that we need to grow them in this country for 'experiemental' purposes- we have the USA to do that for us and show us what a bad idea it is.

There's nothing like an open mind. And that IS nothing like an open mind!

Brown Bear, I'm sorry to do this to you, but I'm going to have to agree. Everywhere one finds the sticky finger of government, things stop working as well as they should. Alongside the personal desire to give all politicians a good kicking, government needs to learn that it should keep its bloody great clumsy beak out of, well, everything really!
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home