Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Bodger

Our House?

We changed estate agents last week what do you think ? We're feeling much happier with how this company has presented it. They seem to have used every photo that we sent them and the ducks by the way, are actually laying at the moment and are definitely not for sale Smile 

http://www.beresfordadams.co.uk/b...-in-morfa-nefyn,ll53-ref-4203399/

We need to have moved to somewhere more central before our first grandchild is born at the end of July. Smile
Slim

Sorry that link looks like it might have had some important bits drop out. I'm not seeing anything
Bodger

Thanks for the heads up. It was working earlier but not now. Try this.

http://www.beresfordadams.co.uk/buy/property/detached-cottage-in-morfa-nefyn,ll53-ref-4203399/
Slim

Nice photos. A very inviting listing
Bodger

Fingers crossed it does the trick. Smile
Nick

Great photos. It only shows two bedrooms tho. They're something the wife always looks at. Could it be worth adding the other two?

You're going to miss that orchard aren't you? Sad
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Oh, it's lovely! Smile
sean

What Nick said. Good Luck.
Bodger

I just don't have the same amount energy these days. Smile I did the working with horses bit, pigs, poultry and commercial cider making, you name it and I've probably tried it. Now I'm hoping to go back to doing what I used to do a lot of, namely hunting and fishing, with the occasional bit of pram pushing thrown in for good measure. Smile
dpack

nowt wrong with fishing and a few fancy fowl for making flies Laughing

hope the sale goes well .

something that might add to the considerable appeal is something along the lines of

.6 km* to the PO/shop/s etc ( list shops,doctors,public transport availability etc available close by to reassure folk it isn't the "outback" )
.8 km* to beach/pub (with some photos of your local beach/pub as both are rather nice and would catch the eye of many folk)

*insert proper distance which is better than a time as one person's ten mins is another’s half hour and use a scale that emphasises how close it is ie . .6 km rather than 600 meters
Mistress Rose

That looks really good. The prices round your way are a lot lower than here; that might buy you a semi-detached with no garden round here.
Nick

That looks really good. The prices round your way are a lot lower than here; that might buy you a semi-detached with no garden round here.

You know you suggested they were building lots of houses near you that weren't needed? Wink
Lorrainelovesplants

Nice photos - inside the house looks lovely.

I agree with putting exact distances rather than 10 mins to the beach/town etc. We have found this really annoying when looking in France.

I also like floorplans and aerial views.

Im with my new estate agent tomorrow.
Here's luck to you Bodger!
Treacodactyl

This might be worth a try: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39265883/this-man-has-dressed-as-a-parrot-to-sell-a-house
dpack

Laughing perfect for that property but perhaps out of style for this one.

a couple of sensible thoughts:

what is the school situation? , if good and close by tis worth a mention , same with GP, chemist, hospital. if not too good don't mention.

assuming most potential buyers will be from outside the immediate area a brief and glowing appraisal of what living in the local area is like might be nice "bait" .

less sensibly:

appearing in the photos dressed in the classic bucket, wellies and sack ensemble could attract the wrong sort of interest from the neighbours perspective but so long as that is the life they aspire to etc etc Twisted Evil
Bodger

Nice photos - inside the house looks lovely.

I agree with putting exact distances rather than 10 mins to the beach/town etc. We have found this really annoying when looking in France.

I also like floorplans and aerial views.

Im with my new estate agent tomorrow.
Here's luck to you Bodger!

The floor plans are in there.
Bodger

Out of the blue, we had a viewing on Saturday and then another this morning. Todays viewers seemed to be very enthusiastic but I'm not going to get over excited. Mistress Rose

Good luck with it. Lorrainelovesplants

Im sure things are starting to move now.
We have reduced our price and have left leeway to reduce again to get a sale.
sgt.colon

Hope it goes quick Lorraine. Smile Lorrainelovesplants

Dont worry, when it goes I will shouting it from the rooftops! Smile
But yes, we are keen to go now.
gardening-girl

People are coming out of the woodwork.
We have sold three properties at work in the last two weeks.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home