Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
N.V.M.

Our Little Garden

hmm , guess this forum is the right one...i hope. haha, i'd like to show you guys the garden i built. it was simple,cheap($150$ CDN),and it makes great use of some lousy space we have in the back yard. instead of posting a bunch of pictures here, i loaded them up onto my webspace, should'nt be too bad for you dial-uppers.. Cool

click here
sean

Very neat.
sean

As a matter of interest, do Canadians generally use the word bugger? I always thought of it as an English usage, rather than American.(American in the sense of the continent, rather than suggesting that it's all one big country.)
N.V.M.

Canada=Commonwealth, so yes,its quite common.

Americans would probably use a real profanity.....runs and hides
nettie

Good for you! I plan to do something similar with my tiny front garden - the soil is full of builder's rubble so am going to grow fruit and veg in oak half barrels instead. It will be easier to cover the fruit with nets, and I will be able to protect my lettuces better against slugs Very Happy
sean

N.V.M. wrote:
Canada=Commonwealth, so yes,its quite common.

Americans would probably use a real profanity.....runs and hides

I think you're safe, we haven't got any septics. runs away and hides, and changes his name, and switches off his computer just in case..
jema

Nice Smile

So there are some closet gardeners etc on team-ninja Smile

jema
sugarplumhalle

woo i like those boxes. It is so neat and tidy... I am messy in general so i cant see mine looking all pretty like that.
judith

What sort of wood irritates the slugs, then? And can we get it in the UK?

Excellent use of space, by the way.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Land Management
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home