Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Rob R

Outlook Express problems

I've been having problems sending mail through Outlook Express this week. Whenever I send, it throws up the error message "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server."

It's done it before, but has always sent OK the next day, it receives messages OK, but I'm having to send all mail through webmail- very inconvienient. Anyone got any ideas what's wrong with it?

Thanks,
dougal

Are you sending to a single recipient and having it rejected?

OE is seemingly trying to inform you of an error from your ISP's mailserver.
It could be that your ISP has introduced the requirement to authenticate (log in) to send as well as to receive mail.
Or they may just be having problems.
Check with the ISP!
Rob R

dougal wrote:

Yes, but it does it with all addresses Crying or Very sad Nothing with the ISP seems to be amiss either Confused
dougal

Rob R wrote:
dougal wrote:

Yes, but it does it with all addresses

It was the "one of the addressES" error message that prompted the question.
Either your OE is corrupting what its trying to send (so safeguard your data & reinstall), or (what it looks like) your ISP is rejecting the mail and OE is simply telling you the truth!

You can send things to yourself to debug - if you can't do that, I'd doubt you could send to anyone else...
jema

Worth mentioning here, that we can give people downsizer email addresses which if your ISP sucks on email, may be helpful.

jema
Rob R

I can send mail to my other addresses on the server OK (with OE), but I can't send to third party servers, it seems, they send fine from webmail though.
dougal

Now that sounds to me EXACTLY like the problem resides *within* the ISP's system...
Rob R

dougal wrote:
Now that sounds to me EXACTLY like the problem resides *within* the ISP's system...

OK, thanks, I'll contact my web hosting company. (Why do these things always go wrong at the weekend? Rolling Eyes At least I can still send them this time Laughing )
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home