Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
yummersetter

Paypal email cancelling Downsizer subscription

slightly suspect, semi-correct email but without my real or DS name, saying

"You have successfully cancelled your subscription to Downsizer.net Family membership (waged)

You will not be invoiced for this Subscription again."

True or false?
jema

Sounds correct. Why it might be generated is the question?
yummersetter

nothing to do with me,

if you want to have a look, pm your email ( I don't want to trust to the one given in my email ) and I'll forward it
yummersetter

Just wondering - I also had a ?Paypal? email saying they'd removed my debit/credit card as it was out of date, (also without my name) maybe the DS payment was linked to that card in some way?

If it is Real, why would they mimic all those things that ring alarm bells in spam messages. The grammar and spelling seem better than usual though.

Off to Paypal to have a look at my account, I guess.
jema

THat would be an explanation, the subscription is linked to the means of paying it, remove that and the subscription will cancel. That is the way paypal run things.

I am sure the email is legit.
yummersetter

yes, I've checked the Paypal account and it's right - DS payment was made in August, so no panic as such, but they've cancelled the arrangement.
ros

They cancelled mine as well, when I changed the card that was linked to the account.

we'll need reminders to pay next year Very Happy
sean

ros wrote:

I'm sure we can manage that. Smile
Jamanda

sean wrote:
ros wrote:

I'm sure we can manage that. Smile

Are you?
sean

Nope, I'm guessing wildly, it's the internet.
Jamanda

I was just wondering who "we" was.
sean

Dunno, maybe jema can do something clever and automated?
jema

It would not be rocket science.
Jamanda

It would be useful. I get lot of messages such as described here, because cards expire usually.
jema

It is the sort of thing that is configured at server level, and we are moving server to the UK in under a month.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home