Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
persimmonpudding.com

persimmons (Diospyros virginiana)

In doing research on persimmons (Diospyros virginiana), I've read a number of short references to this species having been taken back to the UK and France over a hundred years ago. I don't have much to go on, but it would seem they may not fruit yearly there. Does anyone have any experience with this species? Can you tell me how they fare there? Thanks for any information.
cab

I've heard tell of them being grown under glass here, but I've not found them naturalised.
tahir

I think www.agroforestry.co.uk www.cooltemperate.co.uk and www.korewildfruitnursery.co.uk should all be able to tell you more

www.agroforestry.co.uk actually had an issue of the agroforestry journal devoted to persimmons a couple of years ago. Lots of French nurseries supply them and I believe they do well there
Went

We have them growing in this part of Spain but suspect they are a legacy of those planting exotic fruit trees after the turn of the century when many ex-pat Spanish returned from overseas after making lots of money in South America. They are not abundant but can be found along the lanes - no-one really uses them.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home