Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Nick Rickerby

Peter Jordan's 'Mushroom Picker's Foolproof Field Guide'

Anyone know where I can get this book for a reasonable cost, it's currently out of print and rising in price?...any condition considered.

Thanks
Marts

If you have no joy it is being re-released in July for £8.99. I doubt you'll find many edible mushrooms between now and then anyway

Mushroom Picker's foolproof guide

Having said that it looks like WHSmiths have it for £6.29

BOOK HERE
Nick Rickerby

If you call any of the web-sites advertising you'll find there is no stock without indication of when they'll be back in print.

The info regarding re-print in July is useful, just before my birthday so I know what I'll be getting....along with a nice porchini knife!

As far as not finding any edible mushrooms before July, lasy year I had loads of fairy ring champignons, dozens of horse mushrooms and loads of birch boletes to name but a few before summer arrived...Mr. Optimism? Wink
Nick Rickerby

Just checked Amazon, they're re-printing on the 2nd July 2010...the original issues are now fetching £60+!!!
Brownbear

I would hesitate to describe any guide to edible fungi as foolproof. There are many fools out there, and their follies are assiduously worked at, remarkably ingenious, and surprisingly innovative.
lottie

Brownbear wrote:
I would hesitate to describe any guide to edible fungi as foolproof. There are many fools out there, and their follies are assiduously worked at, remarkably ingenious, and surprisingly innovative.

I've been expecting the first downsizer fungi poisoning for some time---luckily I've been wrong so far. Wink
Brownbear

lottie wrote:
Brownbear wrote:

I've been expecting the first downsizer fungi poisoning for some time---luckily I've been wrong so far. Wink

Either that or the people who read the advice here and got it wrong, for some reason or other never logged in again to complain...
jamanda

lottie wrote:
Brownbear wrote:

How do you know?
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Foraging
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home