Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Bodger

Photo Bucket?

All the pictures that I've posted on various forums over a period of in excess of ten years have suddenly been replaced by a notice saying that I need to update my PB account for third party posting.
I'm sure that they'll be after money from me but what the hecks going on? Are other folks finding themselves in the same position?
sean

I don't use it but I've seen people on another forum saying it's happened.
yummersetter

Is that a copyright grab?
Bodger

My son Martin has sent me a link this morning, which explains it all.

http://uk.pcmag.com/webcom/90124/news/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

I wont be stumping up this sort of money and it effectively 'knackers up' tens of thousands of my posts. It will surely also mean the end of Photo Bucket too. Mad
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Use imgur instead (although all pictures are public, so I only use it for non-personal things)
Jam Lady

This is why I keep all images (probably multiple thousands, by now), all my web site entries, etc etc on my computer. With two external hard drive backups.

It is not whether you are paranoid. It is, rather, are you paranoid enough!
sean

I think that PhotoBucket have handled this incredibly badly. At the end of the day though someone has to pay for stuff and the idea that everything on the internet should be free just isn't sustainable.
Nick

I think that PhotoBucket have handled this incredibly badly. At the end of the day though someone has to pay for stuff and the idea that everything on the internet should be free just isn't sustainable.

Yep, but this does look like one of those textbook examples of how to destroy a business with a single click. They've done a Proper Ratner.
sean

Oh absolutely. Everyone I know* who uses them is baling out.

*Know used in the sense of am aware of on the internet.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home