Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Cathryn

Photos

Where do you save your photos to?
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I have Dropbox, an app on my phone automatically sends pics to the mysterious place when it's hooked up to my wifi, and my computer can also access the mysterious place.
jamanda

Re: Photos

That's a very Devonian turn of phrase.

Flickr. I also don't delete from the memory card so there is a physical record too.
buzzy

Re: Photos

That's a very Devonian turn of phrase.

Flickr. I also don't delete from the memory card so there is a physical record too.

But you can't (apparently) rely on that for long term storage.

Henry
NorthernMonkeyGirl

Nope, memory cards die very easily. I have recently discovered this Sad dpack

hard drive as files and catalogued in ps cs3

external hard drive

another hard drive in another pooter

most also end up burned to r w dvd

the most recent 2 gig are on the memory card

my free drop box just aint big enough Laughing but i put a few there for sharing
yummersetter

The same as dpck -2 computer Hard Drives . . Stora external drive, DVDs. I never wipe anything of a storage card and print indexes too. I keep my clients files that I've worked on, too. I don't trust Apple with my pictures and just use Dropbox for sharing.I also have thousands of rolls of film for hundreds of people who ignored my messages about moving out of London and left their archives with me . . I just can't bring myself to dump them but twenty four-drawer filing cabinets take up a lot of space. chez

I have Dropbox, an app on my phone automatically sends pics to the mysterious place when it's hooked up to my wifi, and my computer can also access the mysterious place.

I do this. It uploads from my phone/camera to The Cloud, which I visualise as a kind of parallel dimension somewhere. And then it downloads them on to my laptop as well. So I have them in two physical places and one imaginary place. I've recently done this with all my ebooks too and it's working a treat.
dpack

when i used film,in the old days pictures had negatives and prints (for you youngsters) i kept the prints and contact sheets with me and the negs in different premises .

at least now it is possible to use a cloud as other premises and a spare hd or dvds are fairly small unlike boxes of negs or prints.

i did lose about 15 yrs of negs when somebody chucked em having forgotten what they were but i recon i have the good stuff from about 50 yrs in various forms
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home