Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Hairyloon

Plastic lining for hygene.

I was talking to a chap recently who said that you can turn any space into one suitable for food preparation simply by lining it with plastic.

Anyone here know owt about that?
Rob R

Yep, give me until tomorrow and I'll look up a contact that I'm happy to recommend. Our butchery & chiller is lined with it, brilliant stuff.
Hairyloon

Yep, give me until tomorrow and I'll look up a contact that I'm happy to recommend. Our butchery & chiller is lined with it, brilliant stuff.

No great rush I'm tied up with something else for a week or two.
What would you recommend for the floor?
I've got some nice tiles, but I don't like them: anything dropped is fairly certain to break.
NorthernMonkeyGirl

This chap wasn't called Dexter by any chance...? Laughing

Sorry, no help on your query. Try local council Environmental Health?
Hairyloon

If Rob rates it, then that's good enough for me.
Rob R

I suspect you'll be more help than they are.
Rob R

No great rush I'm tied up with something else for a week or two.
What would you recommend for the floor?
I've got some nice tiles, but I don't like them: anything dropped is fairly certain to break.

Mine is Ali chequer-plate, but only because it was already there. Our butcher has some vinyl stuff that looks good, I could ask him if you like?
Nick

Jerkymeister did this. Unsure if that's a recommendation mind. sean

The prep-room at work is lined with plastic. I can ask where it came from if you like. Rob's contact is likely to be closer to you though. Hairyloon

The prep-room at work is lined with plastic. I can ask where it came from if you like. Rob's contact is likely to be closer to you though.
Ask if it is no bother to: they might be a nationwide company.
Half the problem is knowing what to call it so's to know what to ask for.
Rob R

I've remembered! - www.hi-plas.co.uk onemanband

I recently saw a care home kitchen being clad in similar stuff, only it was antibacterial.
googling 'antibacterial plastic sheets' throws up a few suppliers.
Hairyloon

I've remembered! - www.hi-plas.co.uk
About 10 minutes journey away...
Rob R

I've remembered! - www.hi-plas.co.uk
About 10 minutes journey away...

Smile Peter was the guy I dealt with, excellent service, and so easy to clean.
Hairyloon

Smile Peter was the guy I dealt with, excellent service, and so easy to clean.
An essential quality in a salesman. Wink
Pilsbury

Someone came to measure up my kitchen at work for this last week, just have to see if head office are goimg to pay the quote lol. Lorrainelovesplants

Im noting this as it might be something Id look at, especially the plastic curtain door thing/idea. Mistress Rose

Slightly to one side of the topic. Do anti-bacterial coatings really kill all the germs you want to kill, and do they kill all the ones you don't want to kill. Having worked in clean rooms for many years, this has always been of major concern as in too clean conditions workers tend to go down with everything that's going.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Small Business Questions, Ideas and Advice
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home