Tavascarow

Please write to your MP.

& ask them to support the early day motion
EDM 1267.
You can find & contact your MP here.
Bernie66

Done
cab

Just sent it to our MP. Lets see what he says...
Penny Outskirts

Done too.
cab

Our MP replied to being tweeted 'what do you think of this EDM' with 'not sure, don't know the background'.

So what background info should I send him?
Tavascarow

Our MP replied to being tweeted 'what do you think of this EDM' with 'not sure, don't know the background'.

So what background info should I send him?

You could ask him to read these articles:-
Bees “restored to health” in Italy

Co-op bans eight pesticides after worldwide beehive collapse

Have we learned nothing since 'Silent Spring'?
& these two papers.
ThesignificanceoftheDruckrey–Küpfmüllerequationforrisk
assessment—Thetoxicityofneonicotinoidinsecticidesto
arthropodsisreinforcedbyexposuretime

& the wikileaked American EPA document.
Here.

Thanks for your support guys.
Smile
Marts

Done.

I want bees to still be around when I get around to having a TBH!!
Barefoot Andrew

I shall read up on the EDM later then sign up.
A.
cab

Thanks Tavascrow, I'll plunge into the background later and maybe send the hilights to our MP, see what he says. He's rather over-defensive of the liberal democrat party, but otherwise not a bad egg.
Rob R

All done. I was meaning to write to him anyway, so thanks for the nudge. Smile
Chickem

Done here too!
Tavascarow

I've just received a letter from my MP.

Quote:
Thank you for your recent email regarding the impact of neonicotinoid pesticides on bees & other invertebrates.

I agree with your sentiments & will be signing Early day motion 1267.

If I can help further, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

Very Happy
I know the pesticide lobby will be wining & dining their buddies at Westminster but if enough of us write it might make a difference.
Cathryn

Tavascarow is there a list of the products this is used in? I was thinking about the garden centre route. I might have been buying bee friendly seeds and plants that aren't!
Tavascarow

Tavascarow is there a list of the products this is used in? I was thinking about the garden centre route. I might have been buying bee friendly seeds and plants that aren't!

Household pesticides containing neonicotinoids
Smile
Cathryn

Oh that's alright then. I can't imagine using any of those except perhaps for the houseplant stick things I have somewhere. Better check those and burn them if necessary. Tavascarow

Buglifes campaign page. Marts

Well my MP, Lyn Brown, has not bothered to reply to me or to support the EDM.

Perhaps a bit busy being wined and dined...
Rob R

Can you tell whether they have/have not supported the EDM, other than them telling you? Tavascarow

Can you tell whether they have/have not supported the EDM, other than them telling you?
If you go to the link I posted on page 1 the list of signatories is on the RHS.
Rob R

Ah, so it is - thanks for that! Embarassed Very Happy Vanessa

My MP replied to me. I wrote my own letter, rather than just using a "proforma", so, if he'd already had letters, he'd know it was thought about rather than just another case of "click to send this letter".

He has promised to vote in favour of the motion. I actually got my reply within a week, too, which was impressive!
vegplot

Done. Tavascarow

Parilament debate 25th January. Rob R

Well, last week I got a written reply from my MP and he has signed the EDM, as I've just checked. Very Happy bagpuss

My MP signed the motion though quite a while after he had told me he would but he also allegedly wrote to the Minster for the Environment about the issue Penny Outskirts

Mine wrote back and said he didn't agree that there was any evidence of damage being caused - tosser Mad
       Downsizer Forum Index -> The Apiary
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home