Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Nick

PM Suggestion.

Unless I'm an idiot (very, very possible) I can't find a way to search my PMs. I have tons, and I need to find some info in there, else Rob is going to kill me because I keep asking him the same things. Help me, save Rob's sanity and explain if there's a way to do this, please?
saffranne

dont want to insult you in any way,but have you click on the message box on the left hand side of the screen,under the column of user's status
tahir

Feel free to insult him but I think he means searching within his messages, tricky to implement as far as I know, would be useful though.
Nick

Yeah, that takes me into the message boxes, but I have hundreds of the damn things. I want to be able to search through them all for a topic.
saffranne

c'ant insult nick,we need him too much,sorry c'ant help you with message box nick
hedgewitch

If you have enough information to be specific, you could use the Google site search. This will search the whole site, though, so you'd need to be able to put in enough details to not get millions of hits.

If you can remember a phrase, put it in speech marks in the order it appears as this will force the search to match just on words in that order.
Jb

That will not (or at least it most certainly should not) search through the PMs though it wil only search the forum messages.
hedgewitch

JB wrote:
That will not (or at least it most certainly should not) search through the PMs though it wil only search the forum messages.

Yep, you're right Embarassed
Treacodactyl

Whatever you do don't delete all your PMs like some people do.
Penny Outskirts

Treacodactyl wrote:
Whatever you do don't delete all your PMs like some people do.

Hmmm yes, that can be a bit of a problem Embarassed

What I do now (having manged to delete them all once, is put ones I think I might need again into "saved" then I delete everything else most days. Saves me having loads to look through. Not much help now though Nick, sorry Sad
Nick

I've lost track of the number of times I've deleted the lot, but running Mafia, you get dozens a day, so I';m snowed under trying to find useful ones!
Nick

saffranne wrote:
c'ant insult nick,we need him too much,

Dear Admin, please note.
jema

I have not been able to find a hack to do this.
Rob R

Re: PM Suggestion.

nickhowe wrote:
Unless I'm an idiot (very, very possible) I can't find a way to search my PMs. I have tons, and I need to find some info in there, else Rob is going to kill me because I keep asking him the same things. Help me, save Rob's sanity and explain if there's a way to do this, please?

Sanity? Too late. But greater things cause that. I just got fed up with a full PM box & deleted the lot (same with text inbox) the only problem is when it comes to remembering peoples names Embarassed
Behemoth

Could I suggest printing the important messages on to a medium know as paper and keeping it in a storage device, referred to by the ancients as a 'file'. The power costs to maintain such a system are minimal and when kept in physical proximity it is always available.
Nick

I don't have a printer, and I'm not always in the same place, which is the joy of the internet. Smile

However, your suggestions have been noted. And filed.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home