Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
roiphil

Possibility for authors corner

Hi There
Having just registered on downsizer site ( after being a guest for quite a while) which i have found very helpful, i am thinking about possibly submitting monthly articles to authors corner, here is a brief outline of my idea.

We (wife and 2 boys aswell) are due to move to southern ireland in august, currently living in a the UK in a town in a normal house, In ireland we have purchased 1.12 acres of land, currently with no water and no electricity apart from an extension lead plugged into the neighbours house and a generator, and a very long hose pipe Shocked .

Yes its just a field full of reeds and a couple of dykes at the moment, but we do have a caravan to live in Laughing , would you be interested in a monthly account of the trials and tribulations of such a move in an attempt to try to become as self sufficient as possible on the keeping livestock and growing food aspect of life

Thats the idea anyway, i hear you ask why such a big move, well my answer is if your gonna move and do something like this then do it big time and if i do the articles and someone learns from my mistakes Wink which i am sure there will be many, Laughing i must be doing something right.
tahir

Hi roiphil

I think it'd be great to hear how you're doing, successes and failures. Good luck with your move and look forward to reading about your adventures
cab

I'd read it.
jema

I like diary type things Smile

Can we have pictures Question
roiphil

Many thanks for all replies so far, there will be pics aswell in due course
alison

What a great idea. I look forward to reading them.
Treacodactyl

Sounds like a great idea, looking forward to it. Very Happy

(Phew, I didn't say anything dodgy about a couple of dykes )
roiphil

Treacodactyl wrote:
Sounds like a great idea, looking forward to it. Very Happy

(Phew, I didn't say anything dodgy about a couple of dykes )

Laughing i had to explain to the misses what dykes were
roiphil

Its been a while since i proposed this article, anyway we now have internet woohoo Laughing is any one still interested in a monthly article on how we moved to ROI and our achievments and failures as we go on.
tahir

Yeah, most definitely
hedgewitch

Yep - I'd be very interested. Our longer-term plans just might include a move to Ireland, so I'd be interested in how you got on Very Happy
nora

Yes please Very Happy
Róisín

Fáilte go hEireann Very Happy What part are ye living in? There is a special forum for downsizing in Ireland - it's in my signature underneath this post - it's very good.

Why is everyone* moving here?!

*exaggeration Wink
Becki

Róisín wrote:
Fáilte go hEireann Very Happy What part are ye living in? There is a special forum for downsizing in Ireland - it's in my signature underneath this post - it's very good.

*exaggeration Wink

I'm glad it's not just me then, I thought everyone was moving to Devon Laughing

I would love to read your article Very Happy
roiphil

Róisín wrote:

*exaggeration Wink

Maybe its the laid back life style Cool Laughing , anyway currently working on first instalment of article which will be a quickie upto date article, after that i shall go into more detail off events, success and failures as and when they occured and include links that maybe of interest to anyone
hedgewitch

Róisín wrote:

*exaggeration Wink

Hmmmm..... no English establishment, sensible hunting laws, whiskey... dunno what the attraction is... Wink

Mind you, I thought everyone on here but me had already moved to Wales Rolling Eyes Laughing
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Authors Corner
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home