Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Lloyd

Posters who use abusive language

in my line of work, (Prison Officer), I am accustomed to verbal abuse. Some say it's part of the job, but I still do not tolerate it when it boils down to aggression. Recently we have experienced abuse on the forums, and as such I wonder what everybody's view is on people challenging your comment with a verbal insulting outburst.....Do we tolerate it?...Or challenge it?
jema

Re: Posters who use abusive language

Madman wrote:
in my line of work, (Prison Officer), I am accustomed to verbal abuse. Some say it's part of the job, but I still do not tolerate it when it boils down to aggression. Recently we have experienced abuse on the forums, and as such I wonder what everybody's view is on people challenging your comment with a verbal insulting outburst.....Do we tolerate it?...Or challenge it?

Abuse is against the forum guidelines and should be reported to the forum mods or site admins.

If someone is abusing the forum, then don't place yourself in the wrong by responding in kind. We have mods and admins to deal with these issues.

jema
mrsnesbitt

I am sure many of us hear stuff we object to during the course of our working day...........................here is a sanctuary.......! need I say more? Any opportunity a MOD has to see such violation of the ethos.............................DESPATCH!
deerstalker

Re: Posters who use abusive language

Madman wrote:

I will not tolerate it at all, and I WILL remove all I see.

If you take exception to anybodies view, PM them. But NEVER post such PM's into the public forum. PM's should be kept private without obtaining the consent of the originator.

Anybody who does this in future, especially when it contains abusive language WILL BE BANNED.
nettie

Oooo Deerstalker I love it when you get all masterful Wink
Lloyd

He's lovely isn't he? Cool
nettie

Brown - nose. Very Happy
Lloyd

Just payin' my respects, lady!
deerstalker

Sorry Madman, nettie is my choice before you Wink
Lloyd

(defers to rank)
deerstalker

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lloyd

You don't want him anyway.....He's boss-eyed!!
Lloyd

Rolling Eyes
sugarplumhalle

I have to agree I think bad language should definetly be kept out of the forums although i probably wouldnt challenge it I wouldnt be very "impressed" so to speak.

I too have to put up with it all day long (work on a secure psychiatric unit and the patients often get upset and abusive) and dont think swearing is necessary. The only time i use naughty language is usually when no other word in the English dictionary can express how I feel (i.e. when i drop something extremely heavy on my bare tootsies, set fire to myself or get very very very angry) Since when we are writing here it isnt a case of "it just flies out your mouth" its more you know exactly what you are writing/saying

Dont know if that makes sense but I know what i mean, Wink
Jonnyboy

It seems to be few and far between on here.

Anyway, if people have cause to complaint then they should either PM the individual directly and try and resolve it amicably (we are all adults here after all) or PM the mods.
deerstalker

sugarplumhalle wrote:
set fire to myself

Set fire to yourself often then? Shocked
sugarplumhalle

Deerstalker wrote:
sugarplumhalle wrote:
set fire to myself

Set fire to yourself often then? Shocked

generally try not to although it has been known .. Embarassed
Blacksmith

I do ! my boilersuit has a very low " flash-point" Shocked
Managed to burn a hole in a brand new jacket last week, sparks from an angle grinder.....I said " well bless my buttons ! theres a how-do-you-do ! ".........or something along those lines !
tahir

Blacksmith wrote:
I said " well bless my buttons ! theres a how-do-you-do ! "

Bet you did Laughing
Bugs

Blacksmith wrote:
Managed to burn a hole in a brand new jacket last week, sparks from an angle grinder.....I said " well bless my buttons ! theres a how-do-you-do ! ".........or something along those lines !

Tempting to recommend this to Andy from Selfsufficientish for his next cartoon strip! Laughing
jema

Bugs wrote:
Blacksmith wrote:

Tempting to recommend this to Andy from Selfsufficientish for his next cartoon strip! Laughing

Laughing oh go on, do it, I can just see it.
Bugs

The thing is, he'd have a dilemma...whether to go with that first, or Wellington Womble licking soap Shocked

In fact I think virtually everyone on here would be a candidate...so I had better not cast the first stone Laughing
nettie

I missed the soap-licking episode, what was that all about then?

Shocked

(from Deerstalker's favourite, ner-ner-ne-ner-ner, Madman)
Lloyd

:whdat:
nettie

Laughing
Lloyd

:whax:
Bugs

nettie wrote:
I missed the soap-licking episode, what was that all about then?

Dunno. She was hungry I s'pose. You know medical types, they'll eat anything. Laughing

Ah all right then...Cab says that you can use your tongue for an extra test to see if the soap is cured.

You just touch it with the tip, I believe, and see if there's a tingle.

I'm not really sure that's the best sentence to post on a thread populated by Madman and Deerstalker jousting for your affections though Shocked
nettie

Not so sure about Madman, looks like he's after Deerstalker's affections not mine!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Lloyd

sign6....Looks can be deceptive, Nettie my sweet! Cool
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Site guidelines, Announcements, Problems and Suggestions
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home