Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
alison

Printer copiers.

Does any one have the Epsom RX500 printer, scanner, copier.

I am having trouble with unclear copying, and I wondered what else to try.
mrsnesbitt

Mine is a humble Epson C84..have you checked the website?

Dxx
jema

Comet have a printer/scanner/copier for £40 Shocked

It kind of invites a "got a problem throw it away and buy a new one" mentality Rolling Eyes

jema
alison

Unfortunately this cost a bit more than £40. I don't think it is brocken just if it was a copier then the copy is dirty and there must be a way of cleaning something inside. I have done the print heads, cleaned the screen. I feel it is something obvious, I just don't know what.
tahir

I had a similar situatiion earlier this year, i broke the machine down into so many bits trying to fix it that I couldn't put it back together, good job I had a hammer handy
mrutty

Is it only on copy that it's duff?
alison

yes

well I don't use the scanner, tbh, but it prints perfectly. I have changed some colour cartidges today. Do you think that could have effected it.
Fullup

I'm not very technical but if you put the old cartridges back in does it work again.

Phill
alison

They are empty, so it will not work anyway.
Fullup

Told you I wasn't very technical..you probably wouldn't have changed them if they weren't empty. Embarassed

You find find a cure for the printer.

Phill
mrutty

Try scanning, it should have the same effect in which case you out you hand on the scanning lens when you changed the ink. Clean it with a glasses cloth, but be gentle
alison

glass already cleaned.

Do you think it could be the light tube?
tahir

Using my approach you would have had the problem sorted already Wink
alison

I rang Epson this morning. I now have to do a copy using Epson paper, and if it is still the same they will replace my unit under the warrenty. Still got to see if they do, but hopeful news anyway.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> IT Matters
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home