Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Mithril

Quince 'Isfahan' - anyone grow it?

I'm looking for a quince tree on Quince C. Keepers stock a few, one being 'Isfahan'. It sounds interesting and we aren't particularly wet down here (although that may get worse). Has a anyone grown it or have any experience of it?

Edit: I've just ordered one for October from Keepers Laughing opinions still welcome Smile
tai haku

Re: Quince 'Isfahan' - anyone grow it?

I'm looking for a quince tree on Quince C. Keepers stock a few, one being 'Isfahan'. It sounds interesting and we aren't particularly wet down here (although that may get worse). Has a anyone grown it or have any experience of it?

Edit: I've just ordered one for October from Keepers Laughing opinions still welcome Smile

All I really know on these is that I believe I read somewhere Keepers imported a load of medlar and quince cultivars from their various homelands on the basis of a lack of satisfaction with the commonly grown varieties in the UK - if I'm right in that then I'm guessing you may be in for deliciousness if it will fruit well for you. I'm always for trying something new. Good luck.
tahir

I'd love to know whether this really is edible fresh.
Mithril

Thanks and I'll let you know Smile
gray_b

I have an Isafhan growing, but its only a little one of 3 years old. No flowers or fruit yet.

But Norton Priory, Cheshire the National Collection of Tree Quince - Cydonia, has a large one growing. Its located in the actual priory grounds and not the walled garden. At least it was when I visited in 2010. It also had no fruit on it. But it might have been a bad year when dropped by.
Mithril

I have an Isafhan growing, but its only a little one of 3 years old. No flowers or fruit yet.

But Norton Priory, Cheshire the National Collection of Tree Quince - Cydonia, has a large one growing. Its located in the actual priory grounds and not the walled garden. At least it was when I visited in 2010. It also had no fruit on it. But it might have been a bad year when dropped by.

Oh, fingers crossed it was a bad year and your little one is just a bit slow Neutral The description sounded so lovely I just went for it.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Grow Your Own
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home