Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
dpack

rat day, or week

area clearance to use a military term

it can get messy, i have tape for trouser legs and big gloves but so far i have not chosen CQB primary weapon
i aint got much space for swinging(ooh errr, no really it is very tight Laughing ) so a short of some sort seems ideal

no pitchfork luck this time Laughing Wink Laughing

kukri is probably my chum in a shed or wood store:twisted:
buster crabbe's toothpick is a bit too close for comfort

see you later for buns and medals, i love and loathe rats, worthy allies or foes
dpack

weapon chosen, a victorian ball head turnscrew about 13" long

fast, adaptable, ideal for CQB with a small fast target in confined spaces

Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing

whack a mole or splat a rat would never be the same again

tucked in, as it is put Laughing
dpack

the rat aspect is no prob so far, the hidden water ready to escape in a 40 litre+ surge from two containers in a heap at the touch of a bit a scaff platform was a "betty, i had a woopsie" moment, a wash and new filthy clothes Laughing

i evaded most of the splash but it was pretty good Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
dpack

the splash would be perfect SFX for Rubbery Peck's first blockbuster action movie Cool
Laughing
he has a stunt double just in case
nowt to directly to do with rats, but making the film would make rats move Twisted Evil Laughing
Shan

I ended up resorting to bait boxes. I dislike doing it but sometimes necessary.
dpack

wood shed spun, no resident rats and rather oddly no dead ones
(see other folk and poison etc)

plenty of shredding etc but no one did it Laughing

big shed inside and under are next Rolling Eyes

a muckaway for 4cu yards is booked for tuesday which makes access easier if any do show up
dpack

still no live or dead ones, i found some ace stuff and some to go stuff in the shed

the one where i had to double take was a new alarm kit i thought i chucked 10 yrs ago when it got flooded before it could be put in.
oops

the second charger for the bikes was factory wrapped and in good condition Cool
how many dead bike lights can two people collect"for spares"?
far too many Laughing

spose it balances out, i will pose a question elsewhere Wink
dpack

shed sort of cleared, lots of why was that in the shed?

D minus 20 mins, perhaps, it will be nice when it has all gone

no live or dead rodents but signs of activity abound
dpack

gone in a tidy manner Laughing

the lack of rodents, apart from historical signs, make me wonder where they may be if there are any active in the area
Mistress Rose

Do you have wooden floors in the house? In the terraced house we used to live in they lived under there and ran along between all the houses.
dpack

indoors is not an issue, only one wood floor indoors downstairs the rest is slab

never had a house mouse since tt moved in the 1980s Shocked
(there was a long tail sammi got a ride in a recycling basket and took 2 days to find the kitchen door Laughing )

a terrace i had in south yorks was a mousy interstate junction Rolling Eyes

at least the issues are external and i do get the feeling that there might have been a mass poisoning including sammison bycatch, daytime drinking rats is a big hint

a well-chosen and set trap is selective, toxic grain in a box is not Mad

even after a few days of clearances etc i sort of feel ok and only managed to "kiss" a bit of guttering so i now am turning into a unicorn, well i have a perfectly placed mini horn bud Laughing
dpack

ps browns are unlikely to go upstairs, too warm and dry for them, blacks like attics etc
Mistress Rose

If there is sign of activity but no bodies or live ones, sounds as if someone has been poisoning them. Hope some of your Sammison friends survived.
Shan

Bizarrely enough, our house mice seem to have disappeared after the electrician lifted various floorboards to trace a wire. Before then, they were having loud parties every night.
dpack

when i had a cat she would be given underfloor access if there might have been a problem Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

best was 6 squeaks and "i'm finished now" Laughing

the historic half wolf was horrified(not the black one who was 7/8, he was above vermin or verminators Laughing )
Shan

Hmmmm... I might have been wrong about the meece... I checked the trap underneath the loose floorboard and there was a maggot filled meece in it.... Embarassed
dpack

Rolling Eyes Laughing

best to remove such things

Laughing Shocked Laughing

under floor maggotymousery? not hard to decide Laughing

domestic slut silver medal maam.
dpack

i got a rural gold for "losing" a fenn and eventually removing a mummified rat, a 20 litre plastic tub can do preservation better than a pyramid Rolling Eyes

in warm weather the "ah bisto" moment passes in a few days and not finding one of many tucked into quiet corners is my only excuse Laughing
Shan

Rolling Eyes Laughing

best to remove such things

Laughing Shocked Laughing

under floor maggotymousery? not hard to decide Laughing

domestic slut silver medal maam.

I feel like I need to give an award speech? Laughing
Shan

i got a rural gold for "losing" a fenn and eventually removing a mummified rat, a 20 litre plastic tub can do preservation better than a pyramid Rolling Eyes

in warm weather the "ah bisto" moment passes in a few days and not finding one of many tucked into quiet corners is my only excuse Laughing

Laughing
dpack

Laughing dpack

there was a stirring and a scamper of a binday rat Rolling Eyes Mad

oh dear, it knows not where it is
dpack

i have a newish fenn on the bench, polish is queen for a trap that never sleeps Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing dpack

i know where it is Twisted Evil

there are some tempting and antisocial options, i will be polite and hunt my fox in private

a thunderflash full of chilli powder is a bit bad at midnight Laughing
dpack

rat term in NZ

smart and effective and it is training some useful rodinaters

a 5yr old rat assassin is a bit chilling, but rats finding a small island's bird population tasty is pretty good provocation

old rat assassins can be "disturbing" as well Laughing

Quote:
40 students caught more than 600 rats over the 100-day challenge. One five-year-old managed to catch and kill 60 rats over the course of the three months.

the 5yr old slayer got ten percent of the catch, even if there was a bit of help/tuition it shows dedication and was effective, it is plausible they took to the job like a natural born killer

8/10 for conservation vermination so far, if they can rid and protect that would be 10/10 tea and medals
gz

Brilliant! dpack

NYC is seeking a "rat tsar", unfortunately it is not open to international tenders Laughing

nor does it pay enough for a pied piper to feel properly rewarded for the magnitude of the task Laughing

$25 large as my fee and a "give this man any assistance he requires" chit
and i'll do it properly for manhatten island, like they say on bleach kill 99%(best not to make impossible claims)etc

long term rattus bio security is a different contract, as are mainland boroughs

on an island, rat free is 99% possible
Mistress Rose

A Pied Piper rather than a Tsar might be better. Does sound like a long term problem, and education of the public to keep NYC clean and tidy, as nothing a rat (or an urban fox) likes better than food thrown out where they can get it easily.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Shooting and Trapping for the Pot
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home