Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
gillyflower

Rated people

Any one used Rated People for finding a trades person: http://www.ratedpeople.com/ ? I need someone to paint the outside of my house for a reasonable price, except I've no idea what is 'reasonable' for my area.

Gillyflower
jamanda

We know a good company on North Devon if that's any use.
Mistress Rose

The trouble with all of these things is that you tend to have to pay to belong to them, so you don't get the small people joining.

If you want the outside of the house painted, I would check that they have public liability insurance especially if it will involve ladders or scaffold.
gillyflower

I've had mixed experiences with choosing builders/plumbers etc. I was hoping to find a way that would take some of the risk out of it.

I'm afraid North Devon is too far away and you are right about the little people, I'll have to ask round a bit more for a local recommendation - the only one I've had so far probably won't be interested in my little house, but I'll give them a go.

Gillyflower
baldybloke

Ask people who have recently had work done. Personal recommendation is the best way. Where abouts are you based?
Treacodactyl

I used the Which? local service when I found an electrician who turned out to be excellent. As I've only used it once it could have been pot luck but I'd use the service again.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Energy Efficiency and Construction/Major Projects
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home