Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Jam Lady

Rather Than Compost, Use It Up

Ideas and suggestions for using some of what you might discard:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/dining/tips-to-reduce-food-waste.html?action=click&contentCollection=Food&module=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article
Mistress Rose

Useful and interesting, if only to hear how other people eat.
Cathryn

Nice list. I do a lot of those things but that carrot mayonnaise, hmm, might try it.
earthyvirgo

It's always baffled me why people cut the stalks off broccoli, cauliflower and only use the white of a leek.

Some useful ideas there.

EV
Rob R

Also interesting to note that the date laws in the US are different to the UK - much more lenient than the UK, no less.
Mistress Rose

You can do about anything with carrots. I still have wartime recipes for mincemeat and christmas pudding with carrots in.
gythagirl

Christmas pudding recipes still have carrot in...
Rob R

You can do about anything with carrots. I still have wartime recipes for mincemeat and christmas pudding with carrots in.

I thought you were going to say that you still have some wartime carrots Laughing
NorthernMonkeyGirl

I thought you were going to say that you still have some wartime carrots Laughing

All carrots are wartime carrots if you think globally.

God that's depressing, I'll see myself out.
sean

Could be the beginning of a whole series of carrot slogans though:

Think about carrots globally, buy carrots locally.

That's my suggestion.
Treacodactyl

I think "You can do about anything with carrots" would make a good slogan, either that or a follow up to the 50 shades series. Jam Lady

The reason we have (50 shades of) orange carrots goes back to William, Prince of Orange who came over from the Netherlands lo those many years ago to become King William III of England and Ireland. Before then, carrots came in several colors. Just like today when purple and yellow carrots are once more available. dpack

50 shades of orange would do wonders for my brand new spraytan business Laughing

the less waste thing is a good idea ,it does take a bit of knowledge and effort and common sense (try not to die )but most food waste is avoidable .
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home