Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Hairyloon

Re-enameling a cast iron bath.

Has anyone done this?
The old cast iron bath here is a bit grotty, but it does seem rather unnecessary to replace it.
Besides, I'm sure you can all guess who would get to carry the old one out.

A bit of googling found me this thread, where some people recommend Tubby bath resurfacing kit, but others do not rate it as a lastingf solution.
The answer may be in there, but there are pages of back and forth, so I thought I'd ask you lot.
ariana

We had a company called renubath (or something like that Rolling Eyes ) do ours about fifteen years ago.

They came and set up a sort of tent around it with a big heat lamp. Sanded it smooth and sprayed the new coating on and "baked" it for a couple of hours. Then we couldn't use it for a week.

It is still going strong apart from a hairline crack around the overflow outlet (which we asked them to fill in). Still white and shiny (when my son remembers to clean it after him! Neutral ). Ours is a freestanding roll top jobbie and I think it cost us about £300 but was a good investment.
Blue Sky

A friend of our here did two of them with a product that you can roller on. They looked great once finished and still do to this day. I will have a word with him and find out where he got the materiel.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home