Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Bodger

Red Polls!

We've had red polls coming to our garden for the last month or so. This morning, I spent ten minutes with them playing peek boo from our bedroom window.

Tavascarow

Beautiful birds Bodger.
It's all one word though, redpoll.
Red Polls are Cattle.
Wink
LynneA

Ah - those Red Polls. Thought you were getting cattle.

Both kinds are lovely though Very Happy
mochyn

Even Bodge would have noticed cows on his window feeder.
Bodger

These are Welsh red polls as descibed so vividly in the Mabinogi, as opposed to English redpolls.Rolling Eyes

I've made a joke out of this but after some time for thought, I wonder what do folks want? Interesting constructive posts with the occasional spelling mistake or no posts at all? I've never ever once contemplated correcting someones spelling mistakes, because, I've always been more interested in what they have to say rather than how they say it. I would never run the risk of putting people off making a post through fear of ridicule.

I've also taken some nice pictures of green finches and gold finches. Or is that greenfinches and goldfinches? I tell you what, I'm not sure, so perhaps I'd better keep them to myself rather than show myself up again eh? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Mrs R

gah, I was misled, thought this was going to be cows Mad
LynneA

looks like someone on here is going to have to get some so we can all vicariously own them.
alison

These are Welsh red polls as descibed so vividly in the Mabinogi, as opposed to English redpolls.Rolling Eyes

I've made a joke out of this but after some time for thought, I wonder what do folks want? Interesting constructive posts with the occasional spelling mistake or no posts at all? I've never ever once contemplated correcting someones spelling mistakes, because, I've always been more interested in what they have to say rather than how they say it. I would never run the risk of putting people off making a post through fear of ridicule.

I've also taken some nice pictures of green finches and gold finches. Or is that greenfinches and goldfinches? I tell you what, I'm not sure, so perhaps I'd better keep them to myself rather than show myself up again eh? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Bodger, don't keep them to yourself. I love your posts.
gil

Lovely ! I don't think I've ever seen one.
shadiya

Well, must admit that I thought this was a cattle thing but then I know next to nothing about birds so it's hardly surprising.... Embarassed

Lovely pictures Bodger and if people don't like spelling mistakes they should get over it, life is short....

I'm speaking as a person who naturally finds spelling mistakes irritating beyond belief and eventually realised that it is simply a sign of my own inadequacies and have lightened up about the whole thing. However, this is a personal diagnosis, so if anybody else wants to carry on getting irritated by spelling mistakes, that's up to them Laughing
Mistress Rose

Don't think I have ever seen redpolls. Trouble is, unless you can see the poll, they look like little brown jobs. Lovely pictures.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Conservation and Environment
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home