Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
madmonk

Right lads

Wife back in England tomorrow till saturday what jobs can I do that makes it look like Iv'e done a lot? bearing in mind the whole house needs renovating.
sean

Mow the lawn.
Mr O

Just paint something! ( it is called visible progress! )
cinders

Vacuum the house from top to bottom
Mop all floors
remove all clutter
take out the smelly rubbish
Make sure the dishes are done and your laundry Laughing Laughing Laughing

Then stand there lovingly with a rose between your teeth,Glass of wine and a lovely bubble bath Wink

Are you sure you want to ask the men
get a womens point of view, how she would like her house to look should she return
Jonnyboy

Clean the windows, clear worksurfaces, spray fresh stuff about, get some flowers, make the bed, clean the toilet and bath,
bernie-woman

She's married to you isn't she - do you really think she won't know that you haven't done the major renovations. Your best hope is that she remembers why she fell in love with you in the first place - Very Happy (oh, wine and chocolate might help) Laughing
nora

Whats the bit she wants doing the most? It might be a good idea to concentrate on that and then she'll be happy. (i'm not a lad but thats what i'd like to happen if it was me)
madmonk

Your right of course I will sit here and eat chocolates and drink wine sod the renovations Laughing
bernie-woman

madmonk wrote:
Your right of course I will sit here and eat chocolates and drink wine sod the renovations Laughing

Laughing
Nick

Coffee
Fresh bread
polish.
Nick

Coffee
Fresh bread
polish.
Treacodactyl

I've got the opposite problem at the moment. I'm plastering and replacing the drains so it's: remove old plaster, apply cement coat and plaster top coat; remove old drains and insert new ones. If, and that's a big if, I get it done correctly the place will look the same as it did before I started. Confused

The top tip is to create a huge mess before she goes (fill the hall up with boxes etc) and then put them back when she's gone. That way she'll remember she left a cluttered house and come back to a tidy one. Cool Laughing
Fee

I think at least having the house all tidy and your dishes washed up would be a bare minimum, to get any brownie points, you'll have to go above this.

Painting something/anything - tick
Lawn mowed - tick
Few loaves baked - tick
Rose between the teeth - tick

Of course, she's fully expecting the house not to have changed at all, and you to have been sat on your backside and not even tidying up after you while she's been away.

Is there one job that's been lingering for the longest/that she really doesn't want to do? If so, get this out the way straight away, and relax for the rest of the time...you might not even have to tidy up after you if this is the case Laughing
Jonnyboy

I reckon she's going to come home and think he's been having an affair.
Treacodactyl

Jonnyboy wrote:
I reckon she's going to come home and think he's been having an affair.

Now he's in France that's the done thing.
Fee

Yeah, whatever you do, don't change the sheets Laughing
dpack

huge heap of rubbish awaiting collection outside
lots of space /structure awaiting finish inside
order the skips for after she returns to show how much really got done
calloused hands and pumped muscles Wink
cinders

forget everything pumped muscles wins hands down Wink
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Downsizing abroad
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home