Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
2steps

Right to buy

Does anyone know anything about the right to buy rules or where I can find out?
Ani

Maybe this http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/BuyingAndSellingYourHome/HomeBuyingSchemes/DG_4001398

Ive touched on it briefly in lectures but not enough to be a great authority on it?
Ani

Try the CLG website too, its communities.gov i think. I personally don't like the website, but thats because it doesnt ever tell me what i want to know, but may be worth a try? Or you local councils website perhaps? tas rules and conditions may vary place to place, hope that helps Very Happy
2steps

Thank you. The thing is I have 10 years worth of discount under the scheme and a wondering if I moved out and rented private temporarily before getting another house that has the right to buy through a different council/housing association does my discount still count? I know it transfers if you move directly between councils
Ani

Pass Confused i've got a housing lecture on tuesday and wednesday, i can ask then if you don't find out before then? An idea might be to ring your councils housing department, they should be able to tell you, can't comment on how good the service is, it's supposed to be good and mandatory to provide advice, but people on here have complained about the varying quality of services that their councils provide worth a try, if you get no luck, then i can find out at uni.
RichardW

GET IT IN WRITING

Cos later on they will say they did not tell you that.

Justme
Ani

Another local authority lover Razz
Treacodactyl

Ani wrote:
Another local authority lover Razz
Laughing

Justme is right though, certainly get something in writing and also check what they say is correct. I've been talking to my council about something, and after many attempts to get them to put something in writing, when they eventually did it hardly matched up to what they said on the phone. Confused
2steps

Defiantly, already had them do similar over several things
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Finance and Property
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home