Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
robkb

River Cottage Christmas special

On tonight on C4 at 8pm.

Menu includes wild boar, muntjac deer and greylag goose, so I guess the veggie experiment has finished.
12Bore

Or it's a repeat? Laughing
robkb

Or it's a repeat? Laughing

Nope, new one - as advertised on their website and the 5 million junk mails they've sent me in the last week.
yummersetter

In that case his hair regrew quickly - must have been all those carrots Smile
Mithril

I enjoyed it. Got a bit bored with the veggie series. (For me the appeal of river cottage was always about the meat).
sgt.colon

I enjoyed it too. Thank goodness he's dropped all that Veggie business. I nearly had to write a strong letter to him. Laughing
Nicky cigreen

yeh we enjoyed it too
Barefoot Andrew

Not seen the special yet; we just finished watching the veg series last night. Enjoyed it - the raw vegan cuisine was impressive.
A.
paul1963

I enjoyed it too. Thank goodness he's dropped all that Veggie business. I nearly had to write a strong letter to him. Laughing

On cowhide? Laughing

It was quite a good programme I thought Very Happy
robkb

Haven't watched it yet, as I had to endure the utter hell-on-earth that is the Bluewater shopping centre yesterday evening Mad

Hopefully it and a small(ish) glass of sloe gin are tonight's treat/recompense.
Barefoot Andrew

I had to endure the utter hell-on-earth that is the Bluewater shopping centre yesterday evening

Shocked

I'd rather <insert gouging / maiming / slashing action of choice> my own <insert organ / limb of choice> than endure that.
A.
robkb

I had to endure the utter hell-on-earth that is the Bluewater shopping centre yesterday evening

Shocked

I'd rather <insert gouging / maiming / slashing action of choice> my own <insert organ / limb of choice> than endure that.
A.

Me too, but youngest daughter went ice-skating there with her guide pack and it wasn't worth going home and coming back again. On the plus side, Waterstone's has an okay coffee shop...
Nick

Shocked

A.

Shoe.

Feet.
robkb

Shocked

A.

Shoe.

Feet.

Laughing Laughing
Barefoot Andrew

Well I would rather do that than go there, and that's saying something Wink
A.
earthyvirgo

Not seen the special yet; we just finished watching the veg series last night. Enjoyed it - the raw vegan cuisine was impressive.
A.

That reminds me, I must post a raw veg salad recipe which I copied/ tried out the other day after having it in a 'salad box' prepared by Saffron Deli in Llanberis.

There are two versions, mine, which was done after a bit of mulling over the contents and the proper recipe which the lovely lady in the deli was more than happy to share with me when I called in to tell her how delicious it was.

EV
Azura Skye

well I was very happy to see his Veg series... I've never watched River Cottage before, but on the first episode when he said that too much meat is eaten and he wants vegetable meals to be normal and not 'vegetarian' = I was smiling. Thought that was a fair comment.
He did seem to say I've eaten too much meat in my time - but if that is the menu for the Christmas special - then he's really stepped back into his old ways!
Had a nightmare last night that people were eating my pig Ruby, carving her cheeks off and I was saying "she was my pig! she was a real animal not meat!" - yes, I'm deffo a vegetarian.
Barefoot Andrew

Had a nightmare last night that people were eating my pig Ruby, carving her cheeks off

Shocked
A.
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Reviews and What's On
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home