Archive for Downsizer For an ethical approach to consumption

Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Penny Outskirts

Roll Top Bath

Lurking in our barn we have a victorian roll top bath, ball and claw feet, restored and ready to fit. We're having a clear out, so if anyone wants to give it a nice home, they'd be very welcome to have it. We have nothing to deliver it in unfortunately, so you'd have to come and collect it. I'll try and get piccies if anyone's interested.
Leonie

I might be interested penny, let me check with OH as to collection. Smile

ps, pictures would be good and how much do you want for it? Smile
Penny Outskirts

GardenerJ wrote:
I might be interested penny, let me check with OH as to collection. Smile

ps, pictures would be good and how much do you want for it? Smile

We don't want anything for it - it's been in our barn for about four years. The OH used to recondition them for a living, so it's not cost us anything Very Happy I'll see if I can get the camera to work.....
Penny Outskirts

Here's a couple of pics - the colour on the bottom can be changed to whatever you want.
madmonk

Hi Penny would definately be interested.
Bog Spavin

Me too am I too late? Please let me know if you don't re-home it, the house we are getting has a lovely sink and toilet that are ripe for restoration but the bath needs replacing. Shocked
Leonie

Penny, would you be able to give me some measurements, particularly the length of the bath. Thanks Smile
Penny Outskirts

It's approximately 67" long by 29" at it's widest, by 23.5"high
Leonie

thanks Penny, definitely interested. Can you pm me your address, we might be able to collect on Friday if OH finishes this job early, otherwise we'll arrange asap after that for collection. Very Happy
Penny Outskirts

GardenerJ wrote:
thanks Penny, definitely interested. Can you pm me your address, we might be able to collect on Friday if OH finishes this job early, otherwise we'll arrange asap after that for collection. Very Happy

Have PM'd you Very Happy
judith

If anyone is feeling sad that Penny's bath has gone, we have one of very similar size and shape (with taps) also free for the collection in the Welshpool area. It will need a bit of TLC, but is otherwise very sound.
If there is any interest, I'll try to wrestle my way into our junk room to take a picture.
Bog Spavin

Yes please! yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a major restoration project on my hands. Shocked
judith

Right-ho.
I have to go out in a short while, so I might not have time today to post a picture/measurements, but I'll do it tomorrow morning otherwise. It has sat in the spare bedroom for 2 years, another day won't hurt methinks!
judith

Here are a few pictures. They aren't great as I can't get a good angle with the camera, but I hope they give a feel for the condition of the bath. The taps are great and the outside is very sound. The enamel looks as though it has been spray-painted with silver to give a "cloud" effect, however, and there are some chips out of it. If we were going to keep it, then I would want it re-enamelling (perhaps Penny can advise Laughing ).

If you are still interested, PM me and we can arrange a date for you to collect.
judith

And one last pic. If you need any other info, let me know.
repton

Hiya,

I'm Bog Spavin's other half and she's asked me to post to say she hasn't forgotten you but she's working stupid hours at the moment and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Paul
Bernie66

Real life getting in the way of Downsizer? shocking Wink Laughing
judith

repton wrote:
I'm Bog Spavin's other half and she's asked me to post to say she hasn't forgotten you but she's working stupid hours at the moment and will get back to you as soon as possible.

No worries. It has been sitting there for ages - a few more weeks won't hurt Very Happy
Leonie

We've had a change of plan for our bathroom design and the bath that we collected from Penny is now no longer suitable for what we have in mind. Does anyone want it? It's now located in Horsham, West Sussex. We desperately need the space too so collection asap will be greatly appreciated. Smile
dpack

i have one in two halves on the back of of the lottie
any takers ? Laughing
Bernie66

dpack wrote:
any takers ? Laughing

Laughing Laughing
Penny Outskirts

Leonie wrote:
We've had a change of plan for our bathroom design and the bath that we collected from Penny is now no longer suitable for what we have in mind. Does anyone want it? It's now located in Horsham, West Sussex. We desperately need the space too so collection asap will be greatly appreciated. Smile

I know Pricey is desparate for one Leonie - I'd be very grateful if he could have it - that's if no-one else has bagged it yet Very Happy
madmonk

IF PRICEY DOESN'T WANT IT YES PLEASE.
Leonie

okay, i've pm'd pricey, if he's not interested then madmonk you're next in line. Very Happy
madmonk

Thank you
wellington womble

Blimey - how many of these are lying around the country? I've got one lurking in the garage too (it got leftover from a bathroom fitting when a client changed their minds. I suspect its been earmarked for our new bathroom though!)
nettie

Can I be 3rd in line please???
hedgewitch

dpack wrote:
any takers ? Laughing

Hmmm... I saw a cool article on someone making half a bath into a sofa -- would depend on how it was halved. This one was long-ways, then fitted out with padded cushions shaped to the half bath.

Sadly, I haven't got the room... Rolling Eyes
pricey

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing SO HAPPY, SO HAPPY Laughing Laughing
Penny Outskirts

pricey wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing SO HAPPY, SO HAPPY Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Think he's happy Laughing Laughing
Leonie

Laughing Was just coming here to say that the bath will be collected tomorrow by pricey. Hope you both find another bath soon madmonk and nettie Smile
pricey

I would just like to say a big thanks to every one involved in getting me this bath.

It is going to take centre stage in the Master Bathroom in Portugal.

So here I am modeling said bath with broken finger & a half frozen glass of Cider, must get that fridge fixed Laughing
Bernie66

I think you need a pillow there mate Smile
Leonie

Laughing

and thanks for the wine pricey, it was very nice indeed Very Happy
pricey

Bernie66 wrote:
I think you need a pillow there mate Smile

Laughing It's in one of the store rooms at work. We are collecting so much stuff, It's scattered in store rooms every where.
pricey

Leonie wrote:
Laughing

and thanks for the wine pricey, it was very nice indeed Very Happy

Thankyou for the bath me dear. I will make sure I have a few bottles in then if you like it Wink
madmonk

How long till you move Pricey?
pricey

madmonk wrote:
How long till you move Pricey?

Sore subject that at the mo, lets just say next year some time, when the plans have been passed, when? Confused
       Downsizer Forum Index -> Trading Post
Page 1 of 1
Home Home Home Home Home